Anti-Met (c-Met) antibody [ 4AT44] (ab59884)
- Product nameAnti-Met (c-Met) antibody [ 4AT44]See all Met (c-Met) primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionMouse monoclonal [ 4AT44] to Met (c-Met)
- Tested applicationsWB, ELISA, IHC-P more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Human
Purified recombinant protein encoding the catalytic domain of human Met (c-Met).
- Positive controlHepG2 cell lysate.
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Aliquot and store at -20°C long term. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.09% Sodium Azide
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityProtein G purified
- Purification notesab59884 is purified through a protein G column and eluted out with both high and low pH buffers and neutralized immediately after elution then followed by dialysis against PBS.
- Clonality Monoclonal
- Clone number 4AT44
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab59884 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||WB: 1/100 - 1/500. Detects a band of approximately 135 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 156 kDa).|
|IHC-P||IHC-P: 1/50 - 1/100.|
- FunctionReceptor for hepatocyte growth factor and scatter factor. Has a tyrosine-protein kinase activity. Functions in cell proliferation, scattering, morphogenesis and survival.
- Involvement in diseaseNote=Activation of MET after rearrangement with the TPR gene produces an oncogenic protein.
Note=Defects in MET may be associated with gastric cancer.
Defects in MET are a cause of hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC) [MIM:114550].
Defects in MET are a cause of renal cell carcinoma papillary (RCCP) [MIM:605074]. It is a subtype of renal cell carcinoma tending to show a tubulo-papillary architecture formed by numerous, irregular, finger-like projections of connective tissue. Renal cell carcinoma is a heterogeneous group of sporadic or hereditary carcinoma derived from cells of the proximal renal tubular epithelium. It is subclassified into common renal cell carcinoma (clear cell, non-papillary carcinoma), papillary renal cell carcinoma, chromophobe renal cell carcinoma, collecting duct carcinoma with medullary carcinoma of the kidney, and unclassified renal cell carcinoma.
Note=A common allele in the promoter region of the MET shows genetic association with susceptibility to autism in some families. Functional assays indicate a decrease in MET promoter activity and altered binding of specific transcription factor complexes.
Note=MET activating mutations may be involved in the development of a highly malignant, metastatic syndrome known as cancer of unknown primary origin (CUP) or primary occult malignancy. Systemic neoplastic spread is generally a late event in cancer progression. However, in some instances, distant dissemination arises at a very early stage, so that metastases reach clinical relevance before primary lesions. Sometimes, the primary lesions cannot be identified in spite of the progresses in the diagnosis of malignancies.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the protein kinase superfamily. Tyr protein kinase family.
Contains 3 IPT/TIG domains.
Contains 1 protein kinase domain.
Contains 1 Sema domain.
- DomainThe kinase domain is involved in SPSB1 binding.
modificationsDephosphorylated by PTPRJ at Tyr-1349 and Tyr-1365.
- Cellular localizationMembrane.
- AUTS9 antibodyc met antibodycmet antibody
- D249 antibodyHepatocyte growth factor receptor antibodyHepatocyte growth factor receptor Precursor antibodyHGF antibodyHGF receptor antibodyHGF SF receptor antibodyHGF/SF receptor antibodyHGFR antibodyMET antibodyMet proto oncogene tyrosine kinase antibodyMet proto-oncogene (hepatocyte growth factor receptor) antibodyMet proto-oncogene antibodyMet protooncogene antibodyMET_HUMAN antibodyOncogene MET antibodyPar4 antibodyProto-oncogene c-Met antibodyRCCP2 antibodyRenal cell carcinoma papillary 2 gene antibodyScatter factor receptor antibodySF receptor antibodyTyrosine-protein kinase Met antibody
Anti-Met (c-Met) antibody [ 4AT44] images
Anti-Met (c-Met) antibody [ 4AT44] (ab59884) at 1/100 dilution + HepG2 cell lysate at 10 µg
Predicted band size : 156 kDa
Observed band size : 135 kDa (why is the actual band size different from the predicted?)
ab59884 at 1/100 dilution staining Met (c-Met) in human colon carcinoma tissue section by Immunohistochemistry (Formalin/ PFA fixed paraffin-embedded sections). A peroxidase conjugated secondary antibody was used followed by DAB staining.
References for Anti-Met (c-Met) antibody [ 4AT44] (ab59884)
ab59884 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.