Anti-Met (c-Met) antibody [EP1454Y] (ab51067)
- Product nameAnti-Met (c-Met) antibody [EP1454Y]See all Met (c-Met) primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit monoclonal [EP1454Y] to Met (c-Met)
- Tested applicationsWB, IHC-P, ICC/IF, Flow Cyt more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Does not react withMouse, Rat
Synthetic peptide corresponding to residues near the N-terminus of human Met (c-Met).
- Positive control
- 293 cell lysate or human breast carcinoma tissue.
- General notesProduced under U.S. Patent No. 5,675,063.
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPBS 49%,Sodium azide 0.01%,Glycerol 50%,BSA 0.05%
- PurityTissue culture supernatant
- Clonality Monoclonal
- Clone numberEP1454Y
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab51067 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||WB: 1/1000 - 1/10000. Detects a band of approximately 160 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 156 kDa).Can be blocked with Met (c-Met) peptide (ab167073).|
|IHC-P||IHC-P: 1/100 - 1/250.|
|ICC/IF||ICC/IF: 1/100 - 1/250.|
|Flow Cyt||Flow Cyt: 1/1000.|
- FunctionReceptor for hepatocyte growth factor and scatter factor. Has a tyrosine-protein kinase activity. Functions in cell proliferation, scattering, morphogenesis and survival.
- Involvement in diseaseNote=Activation of MET after rearrangement with the TPR gene produces an oncogenic protein.
Note=Defects in MET may be associated with gastric cancer.
Defects in MET are a cause of hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC) [MIM:114550].
Defects in MET are a cause of renal cell carcinoma papillary (RCCP) [MIM:605074]. It is a subtype of renal cell carcinoma tending to show a tubulo-papillary architecture formed by numerous, irregular, finger-like projections of connective tissue. Renal cell carcinoma is a heterogeneous group of sporadic or hereditary carcinoma derived from cells of the proximal renal tubular epithelium. It is subclassified into common renal cell carcinoma (clear cell, non-papillary carcinoma), papillary renal cell carcinoma, chromophobe renal cell carcinoma, collecting duct carcinoma with medullary carcinoma of the kidney, and unclassified renal cell carcinoma.
Note=A common allele in the promoter region of the MET shows genetic association with susceptibility to autism in some families. Functional assays indicate a decrease in MET promoter activity and altered binding of specific transcription factor complexes.
Note=MET activating mutations may be involved in the development of a highly malignant, metastatic syndrome known as cancer of unknown primary origin (CUP) or primary occult malignancy. Systemic neoplastic spread is generally a late event in cancer progression. However, in some instances, distant dissemination arises at a very early stage, so that metastases reach clinical relevance before primary lesions. Sometimes, the primary lesions cannot be identified in spite of the progresses in the diagnosis of malignancies.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the protein kinase superfamily. Tyr protein kinase family.
Contains 3 IPT/TIG domains.
Contains 1 protein kinase domain.
Contains 1 Sema domain.
- DomainThe kinase domain is involved in SPSB1 binding.
modificationsDephosphorylated by PTPRJ at Tyr-1349 and Tyr-1365.
- Cellular localizationMembrane.
- AUTS9 antibody
- c met antibody
- cmet antibody
- D249 antibody
- Hepatocyte growth factor receptor antibody
- Hepatocyte growth factor receptor Precursor antibody
- HGF antibody
- HGF receptor antibody
- HGF SF receptor antibody
- HGF/SF receptor antibody
- HGFR antibody
- MET antibody
- Met proto oncogene tyrosine kinase antibody
- Met proto-oncogene (hepatocyte growth factor receptor) antibody
- Met proto-oncogene antibody
- Met protooncogene antibody
- MET_HUMAN antibody
- Oncogene MET antibody
- Par4 antibody
- Proto-oncogene c-Met antibody
- RCCP2 antibody
- Renal cell carcinoma papillary 2 gene antibody
- Scatter factor receptor antibody
- SF receptor antibody
- Tyrosine-protein kinase Met antibody
Anti-Met (c-Met) antibody [EP1454Y] images
Overlay histogram showing Jurkat cells stained with ab51067 (red line). The cells were fixed with 80% methanol (5 min) and then permeabilized with 0.1% PBS-Tween for 20 min. The cells were then incubated in 1x PBS / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine to block non-specific protein-protein interactions followed by the antibody (ab51067, 1/1000 dilution) for 30 min at 22°C. The secondary antibody used was Alexa Fluor® 488 goat anti-rabbit IgG (H+L) (ab150077) at 1/2000 dilution for 30 min at 22°C. Isotype control antibody (black line) was rabbit IgG (monoclonal) (1μg/1x106 cells) used under the same conditions. Unlabelled sample (blue line) was also used as a control. Acquisition of >5,000 events were collected using a 20mW Argon ion laser (488nm) and 525/30 bandpass filter.
Anti-Met (c-Met) antibody [EP1454Y] (ab51067) at 1/2000 dilution + 293 cell lysate at 10 µg
Goat anti-Rabbit HRP labeled at 1/2000 dilution
Predicted band size : 156 kDa
Observed band size : 160 kDa (why is the actual band size different from the predicted?)
Ab51067 (1/100-1/250) staining human Met (c-Met) in human breast carcinoma tissue by immunohistochemistry using paraffin embedded tissue.Ab51067 (1/100-1/250) staining human Met (c-Met) in human breast carcinoma tissue by immunohistochemistry using paraffin embedded tissue.
ICC/IF image of ab51067 stained HepG2 cells. The cells were 4% PFA fixed (10 min) and then incubated in 1%BSA / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine in 0.1% PBS-Tween for 1h to permeabilise the cells and block non-specific protein-protein interactions. The cells were then incubated with the antibody (ab51067, 1/1000 dilution) overnight at +4°C. The secondary antibody (green) was Alexa Fluor® 488 goat anti-rabbit IgG (H+L) used at a 1/1000 dilution for 1h. Alexa Fluor® 594 WGA was used to label plasma membranes (red) at a 1/200 dilution for 1h. DAPI was used to stain the cell nuclei (blue) at a concentration of 1.43µM.
ab51067 showing positive staining in Hepatocellular carcinoma tissue.
ab51067 showing positive staining in Thyroid gland carcinoma tissue.
ab51067 showing positive staining in Normal tonsil tissue.
References for Anti-Met (c-Met) antibody [EP1454Y] (ab51067)
This product has been referenced in:
- Nicastro HL et al. 3,3'-Diindolylmethane rapidly and selectively inhibits hepatocyte growth factor/c-Met signaling in breast cancer cells. J Nutr Biochem 24:1882-8 (2013). Read more (PubMed: 23968581) »
- Jacobsen F et al. High c-MET expression is frequent but not associated with early PSA recurrence in prostate cancer. Exp Ther Med 5:102-106 (2013). IHC-P ; Human . Read more (PubMed: 23251249) »