Anti-Met (c-Met) antibody (ab74217)
- Product nameAnti-Met (c-Met) antibodySee all Met (c-Met) primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Met (c-Met)
- Tested applicationsIHC-P, WB more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
A synthetic peptide from C terminus of human Met (c-Met) protein
- Positive controlA431 cells; Paraffin embedded human breast and ovarian carcinoma tissues.
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.1% Sodium Azide
Constituents: 1% BSA, 10mM PBS, pH 7.4
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Clonality Polyclonal
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab74217 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
Staining of formalin-fixed tissues requires boiling tissue sections in 10mM citrate buffer, pH 6.0 for 10 min followed by cooling at RT for 20 min.
WB: Use at a concentration of 2 - 4 µg/ml ml for 2hrs at RT. Predicted molecular weight: 156 kDa.
Not yet tested in other applications.
Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- FunctionReceptor for hepatocyte growth factor and scatter factor. Has a tyrosine-protein kinase activity. Functions in cell proliferation, scattering, morphogenesis and survival.
- Involvement in diseaseNote=Activation of MET after rearrangement with the TPR gene produces an oncogenic protein.
Note=Defects in MET may be associated with gastric cancer.
Defects in MET are a cause of hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC) [MIM:114550].
Defects in MET are a cause of renal cell carcinoma papillary (RCCP) [MIM:605074]. It is a subtype of renal cell carcinoma tending to show a tubulo-papillary architecture formed by numerous, irregular, finger-like projections of connective tissue. Renal cell carcinoma is a heterogeneous group of sporadic or hereditary carcinoma derived from cells of the proximal renal tubular epithelium. It is subclassified into common renal cell carcinoma (clear cell, non-papillary carcinoma), papillary renal cell carcinoma, chromophobe renal cell carcinoma, collecting duct carcinoma with medullary carcinoma of the kidney, and unclassified renal cell carcinoma.
Note=A common allele in the promoter region of the MET shows genetic association with susceptibility to autism in some families. Functional assays indicate a decrease in MET promoter activity and altered binding of specific transcription factor complexes.
Note=MET activating mutations may be involved in the development of a highly malignant, metastatic syndrome known as cancer of unknown primary origin (CUP) or primary occult malignancy. Systemic neoplastic spread is generally a late event in cancer progression. However, in some instances, distant dissemination arises at a very early stage, so that metastases reach clinical relevance before primary lesions. Sometimes, the primary lesions cannot be identified in spite of the progresses in the diagnosis of malignancies.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the protein kinase superfamily. Tyr protein kinase family.
Contains 3 IPT/TIG domains.
Contains 1 protein kinase domain.
Contains 1 Sema domain.
- DomainThe kinase domain is involved in SPSB1 binding.
modificationsDephosphorylated by PTPRJ at Tyr-1349 and Tyr-1365.
- Cellular localizationMembrane.
- AUTS9 antibodyc met antibodycmet antibody
- D249 antibodyHepatocyte growth factor receptor antibodyHepatocyte growth factor receptor Precursor antibodyHGF antibodyHGF receptor antibodyHGF SF receptor antibodyHGF/SF receptor antibodyHGFR antibodyMET antibodyMet proto oncogene tyrosine kinase antibodyMet proto-oncogene (hepatocyte growth factor receptor) antibodyMet proto-oncogene antibodyMet protooncogene antibodyMET_HUMAN antibodyOncogene MET antibodyPar4 antibodyProto-oncogene c-Met antibodyRCCP2 antibodyRenal cell carcinoma papillary 2 gene antibodyScatter factor receptor antibodySF receptor antibodyTyrosine-protein kinase Met antibody
Anti-Met (c-Met) antibody images
ab74217 at 1/50 dilution staining Met (c-Met) in human ovarian carcinoma by Immunohistochemistry, Formalin-fixed, Paraffin-embedded tissue.
References for Anti-Met (c-Met) antibody (ab74217)
ab74217 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.