Anti-Met (c-Met) (phospho Y1349) antibody (ab47606)
- Product nameAnti-Met (c-Met) (phospho Y1349) antibodySee all Met (c-Met) primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Met (c-Met) (phospho Y1349)
- SpecificityThis antibody is specific for Met (c-Met), only when phosphorylated at tyrosine 1349. This antibody may cross-react with other activated protein tyrosine kinases.
- Tested applicationsWB, ELISA more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
A synthesized phosphopeptide derived from human Met around the phosphorylation site of tyrosine 1349 (E-H-YP-V-H)
- Positive controlExtracts from HepG2 cells.
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.02% Sodium Azide
Constituents: 50% Glycerol, PBS, 150mM Sodium chloride, pH 7.4
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Purification notesThe antibody was affinity purified from rabbit antiserum by affinity chromatography using epitope specific phosphopeptide. The antibody against non phosphopeptide was removed by chromatography using non phosphopeptide corresponding to the phosphorylation site.
- Clonality Polyclonal
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab47606 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||WB: 1/500 - 1/1000. Detects a band of approximately 160 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 156 kDa).|
- FunctionReceptor for hepatocyte growth factor and scatter factor. Has a tyrosine-protein kinase activity. Functions in cell proliferation, scattering, morphogenesis and survival.
- Involvement in diseaseNote=Activation of MET after rearrangement with the TPR gene produces an oncogenic protein.
Note=Defects in MET may be associated with gastric cancer.
Defects in MET are a cause of hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC) [MIM:114550].
Defects in MET are a cause of renal cell carcinoma papillary (RCCP) [MIM:605074]. It is a subtype of renal cell carcinoma tending to show a tubulo-papillary architecture formed by numerous, irregular, finger-like projections of connective tissue. Renal cell carcinoma is a heterogeneous group of sporadic or hereditary carcinoma derived from cells of the proximal renal tubular epithelium. It is subclassified into common renal cell carcinoma (clear cell, non-papillary carcinoma), papillary renal cell carcinoma, chromophobe renal cell carcinoma, collecting duct carcinoma with medullary carcinoma of the kidney, and unclassified renal cell carcinoma.
Note=A common allele in the promoter region of the MET shows genetic association with susceptibility to autism in some families. Functional assays indicate a decrease in MET promoter activity and altered binding of specific transcription factor complexes.
Note=MET activating mutations may be involved in the development of a highly malignant, metastatic syndrome known as cancer of unknown primary origin (CUP) or primary occult malignancy. Systemic neoplastic spread is generally a late event in cancer progression. However, in some instances, distant dissemination arises at a very early stage, so that metastases reach clinical relevance before primary lesions. Sometimes, the primary lesions cannot be identified in spite of the progresses in the diagnosis of malignancies.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the protein kinase superfamily. Tyr protein kinase family.
Contains 3 IPT/TIG domains.
Contains 1 protein kinase domain.
Contains 1 Sema domain.
- DomainThe kinase domain is involved in SPSB1 binding.
modificationsDephosphorylated by PTPRJ at Tyr-1349 and Tyr-1365.
- Cellular localizationMembrane.
- AUTS9 antibodyc met antibodyD249 antibody
- Hepatocyte growth factor receptor antibodyHGF antibodyHGF receptor antibodyHGF/SF receptor antibodyHGFR antibodyMET antibodyMet proto oncogene tyrosine kinase antibodyMet proto-oncogene (hepatocyte growth factor receptor) antibodyMet proto-oncogene antibodyMet protooncogene antibodyMET_HUMAN antibodyOncogene MET antibodyPar4 antibodyProto-oncogene c-Met antibodyRCCP2 antibodyScatter factor receptor antibodySF receptor antibodyTyrosine-protein kinase Met antibody
Anti-Met (c-Met) (phospho Y1349) antibody images
All lanes : Anti-Met (c-Met) (phospho Y1349) antibody (ab47606) at 1/500 dilution
Lane 1 : Extracts from HepG2 cells
Lane 2 : Extracts from HepG2 cells, synthetic phosphopeptide present
Predicted band size : 156 kDa
References for Anti-Met (c-Met) (phospho Y1349) antibody (ab47606)
This product has been referenced in:
- Smotrov N et al. Development of a cell-based assay for measurement of c-Met phosphorylation using AlphaScreen technology and high-content imaging analysis. J Biomol Screen 14:404-11 (2009). Read more (PubMed: 19403923) »