Anti-Met (c-Met) (phospho Y1356) antibody (ab73992)
- Product nameAnti-Met (c-Met) (phospho Y1356) antibodySee all Met (c-Met) primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Met (c-Met) (phospho Y1356)
- Specificityab73992 detects Met (c-Met) only when phosphorylated at tyrosine 1356.
- Tested applicationsWB, ELISA more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Human
Predicted to work with: Rat
Synthesized phosphopeptide derived from human Met (c-Met) around the phosphorylation site of tyrosine 1356 (A-T-YP-V-N).
- Positive controlextracts from 3T3 cells
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.02% Sodium Azide
Constituents: 50% Glycerol, PBS (without Mg2+ and Ca2+), 150mM Sodium chloride, pH 7.4
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Purification notesThe antibody against non-phosphopeptide was removed by chromatography using non-phosphopeptide corresponding to the phosphorylation site.
- Clonality Polyclonal
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab73992 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||WB: 1/500 - 1/1000. Detects a band of approximately 156 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 156 kDa).|
- FunctionReceptor for hepatocyte growth factor and scatter factor. Has a tyrosine-protein kinase activity. Functions in cell proliferation, scattering, morphogenesis and survival.
- Involvement in diseaseNote=Activation of MET after rearrangement with the TPR gene produces an oncogenic protein.
Note=Defects in MET may be associated with gastric cancer.
Defects in MET are a cause of hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC) [MIM:114550].
Defects in MET are a cause of renal cell carcinoma papillary (RCCP) [MIM:605074]. It is a subtype of renal cell carcinoma tending to show a tubulo-papillary architecture formed by numerous, irregular, finger-like projections of connective tissue. Renal cell carcinoma is a heterogeneous group of sporadic or hereditary carcinoma derived from cells of the proximal renal tubular epithelium. It is subclassified into common renal cell carcinoma (clear cell, non-papillary carcinoma), papillary renal cell carcinoma, chromophobe renal cell carcinoma, collecting duct carcinoma with medullary carcinoma of the kidney, and unclassified renal cell carcinoma.
Note=A common allele in the promoter region of the MET shows genetic association with susceptibility to autism in some families. Functional assays indicate a decrease in MET promoter activity and altered binding of specific transcription factor complexes.
Note=MET activating mutations may be involved in the development of a highly malignant, metastatic syndrome known as cancer of unknown primary origin (CUP) or primary occult malignancy. Systemic neoplastic spread is generally a late event in cancer progression. However, in some instances, distant dissemination arises at a very early stage, so that metastases reach clinical relevance before primary lesions. Sometimes, the primary lesions cannot be identified in spite of the progresses in the diagnosis of malignancies.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the protein kinase superfamily. Tyr protein kinase family.
Contains 3 IPT/TIG domains.
Contains 1 protein kinase domain.
Contains 1 Sema domain.
- DomainThe kinase domain is involved in SPSB1 binding.
modificationsDephosphorylated by PTPRJ at Tyr-1349 and Tyr-1365.
- Cellular localizationMembrane.
- AUTS9 antibodyc met antibodycmet antibody
- D249 antibodyHepatocyte growth factor receptor antibodyHepatocyte growth factor receptor Precursor antibodyHGF antibodyHGF receptor antibodyHGF SF receptor antibodyHGF/SF receptor antibodyHGFR antibodyMET antibodyMet proto oncogene tyrosine kinase antibodyMet proto-oncogene (hepatocyte growth factor receptor) antibodyMet proto-oncogene antibodyMet protooncogene antibodyMET_HUMAN antibodyOncogene MET antibodyPar4 antibodyProto-oncogene c-Met antibodyRCCP2 antibodyRenal cell carcinoma papillary 2 gene antibodyScatter factor receptor antibodySF receptor antibodyTyrosine-protein kinase Met antibody
Anti-Met (c-Met) (phospho Y1356) antibody images
All lanes : Anti-Met (c-Met) (phospho Y1356) antibody (ab73992) at 1/500 dilution
Lane 1 : extracts from 3T3 cells
Lane 2 : extracts from 3T3 cells with immunising phosphopeptide at 10 µg
Lysates/proteins at 30 µg per lane.
Predicted band size : 156 kDa
Observed band size : 156 kDa
References for Anti-Met (c-Met) (phospho Y1356) antibody (ab73992)
ab73992 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.