Anti-Metallothionein antibody [UC1MT] (ab12228)
- Product nameAnti-Metallothionein antibody [UC1MT]See all Metallothionein primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionMouse monoclonal [UC1MT] to Metallothionein
- SpecificityCross reacts with MT1 and MT2.
- Tested applicationsIHC-Fr, ICC/IF, WB, Flow Cyt, IHC-P more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Rabbit, Horse, Dog, Human, Mummichug fish
Full length protein (cross linked rabbit liver MT1 and MT2).
- Positive control
- HeLa cell lysate treated with 100uM CdCl2 Rehydrated rabbit liver MTI/MTII
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.09% Sodium Azide
Constituents: 50% Glycerol, 1X PBS, pH 7.2
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityProtein G purified
- Clonality Monoclonal
- Clone numberUC1MT
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab12228 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IHC-Fr||IHC-Fr: Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
|ICC/IF||ICC/IF: Use a concentration of 1 - 5 µg/ml.|
|WB||WB: 1/1000. Detects a band of approximately 6-20 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 6 kDa). Please note: often Western blots done on cell lysates with this antibody produce many bands; we suspect that metallothionein binds to many other proteins, thus producing these results. As the predicted MW is around 6 kDa, use 12.5-20% gel and be sure the protein is not run off the gel during electrophoresis.|
|Flow Cyt||Flow Cyt: Use 1µg for 106 cells.|
|IHC-P||IHC-P: Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
- RelevanceMetallothioneins (MTs) are a family of low molecular weight, heavy metal-binding proteins characterized by a high cysteine content and lack of aromatic amino acids. MTs bind 7 to 12 heavy metal atoms per molecule of protein. They are ubiquitous in the animal and plant kingdoms and are also found in prokaryotes. In mammals, the cysteine residues are absolutely conserved and serve to coordinate heavy metal atoms such as zinc, cadmium, and copper via mercaptide linkages.
- Cellular localizationCytoplasmic
- Entrez Gene: 403800 Dog
- Entrez Gene: 4489 Human
- Entrez Gene: 4502 Human
- Entrez Gene: 17749 Mouse
- Entrez Gene: 24567 Rat
- Omim: 156350 Human
- Omim: 156360 Human
- SwissProt: Q9XST5 Dog
- SwissProt: P02800 Horse
- SwissProt: P02795 Human
- SwissProt: P04731 Human
- SwissProt: Q63871 Mouse
- SwissProt: P11957 Rabbit
- SwissProt: P18055 Rabbit
- SwissProt: P02803 Rat
- Unigene: 647371 Human
- Unigene: 16133 Rat
- Unigene: 54397 Rat
- CES 1 antibody
- CES1 antibody
- Metallothionein 1A antibody
- Metallothionein 1S antibody
- Metallothionein 2 antibody
- Metallothionein 2A antibody
- Metallothionein IA antibody
- Metallothionein II antibody
- Metallothionein2 antibody
- MGC32848 antibody
- MT 1A antibody
- MT 2 antibody
- MT 2A antibody
- MT IA antibody
- MT II antibody
- MT1 antibody
- MT1A antibody
- MT1S antibody
- MT2 antibody
- MT2A antibody
- MTC antibody
Anti-Metallothionein antibody [UC1MT] images
Anti-Metallothionein antibody [UC1MT] (ab12228) + Hela cell lysate
developed using the ECL technique
Performed under reducing conditions.
Predicted band size : 6 kDa
Exposure time : 2 minutes
ab12228 staining catfish kidney tissue sections by IHC-Fr. Sections were acetone fixed and blocked with a commercial blocking agent prior to incubation with the primary antibody, diluted 1/50, for 16 hours at 4°C. An Alexa Fluor® 488 conjugated goat anti-mouse antibody, diluted 1/1000, was used as the secondary.
Anti-Metallothionein antibody [UC1MT] (ab12228) at 1/1000 dilution + Rabbit liver lysates
Predicted band size : 6 kDa
ICC/IF image of ab12228 stained HeLa cells. The cells were 4% PFA fixed (10 min) and then incubated in 1%BSA / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine in 0.1% PBS-Tween for 1h to permeabilise the cells and block non-specific protein-protein interactions. The cells were then incubated with the antibody (ab12228, 1µg/ml) overnight at +4°C. The secondary antibody (green) was Alexa Fluor® 488 goat anti-mouse IgG (H+L) used at a 1/1000 dilution for 1h. Alexa Fluor® 594 WGA was used to label plasma membranes (red) at a 1/200 dilution for 1h. DAPI was used to stain the cell nuclei (blue) at a concentration of 1.43µM.
ICC/IF image of ab12228 stained HeLa cells. The cells were 4% PFA fixed (10 min) and then incubated in 1%BSA / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine in 0.1% PBS-Tween for 1h to permeabilise the cells and block non-specific protein-protein interactions. The cells were then incubated with the antibody (ab12228, 10µg/ml) overnight at +4°C. The secondary antibody (green) was DyLight® 488 goat anti-mouse IgG - H&L, pre-adsorbed (ab96879) used at a 1/250 dilution for 1h. Alexa Fluor® 594 WGA was used to label plasma membranes (red) at a 1/200 dilution for 1h. DAPI was used to stain the cell nuclei (blue) at a concentration of 1.43µM.
Overlay histogram showing HeLA cells stained with ab12228 (red line). The cells were fixed with 100% methanol (5 min) and then permeabilized with 0.1% PBS-Tween for 20 min. The cells were then incubated in 1x PBS / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine to block non-specific protein-protein interactions followed by the antibody (ab12228, 1µg/1x106 cells) for 30 min at 22°C. The secondary antibody used was DyLight® 488 goat anti-mouse IgG (H+L) (ab96879) at 1/500 dilution for 30 min at 22°C. Isotype control antibody (black line) was Mouse IgG1 [ICIGG1] (ab91353, 2µg/1x106 cells) used under the same conditions. Acquisition of >5,000 events was performed.
ab12228 staining human uterus tissue at 10 ug/ml using IHC-P.
All lanes : Anti-Metallothionein antibody [UC1MT] (ab12228)
Lane 1 : Marker
Lane 2 : MTI
Lane 3 : MTII
Lane 4 : Mummichug CdCl2
Predicted band size : 6 kDa
References for Anti-Metallothionein antibody [UC1MT] (ab12228)
This product has been referenced in:
- Martano M et al. Metallothionein expression in canine cutaneous apocrine gland tumors. Anticancer Res 32:747-52 (2012). WB, IHC-P ; Dog . Read more (PubMed: 22399587) »
- Alvarez L et al. The Stoichiometric Transition from Zn6Cu1-Metallothionein to Zn7-Metallothionein Underlies the Up-regulation of Metallothionein (MT) Expression: QUANTITATIVE ANALYSIS OF MT-METAL LOAD IN EYE CELLS. J Biol Chem 287:28456-69 (2012). IHC-P ; Human . Read more (PubMed: 22722935) »