- Product nameMiTMAB™
- DescriptionCell permeable dynamin I and dynamin II inhibitor
- Biological descriptionCell permeable dynamin I and dynamin II inhibitor (IC50 = 3.1 and 8.4 µM for inhibition of dynamin I and dynamin II GTPase respectively). Targets the pleckstrin homology (PH) (lipid binding) domain. Competitive with phospholipid and noncompetitive with GTP. Inhibits receptor-mediated and synaptic vesicle endocytosis (IC50 values are 19.9 and 2.2 µM respectively). Inhibits cancer cell growth.
- General notes
Sold under exclusive licence from Children's Medical Research Institute and Newcastle Innovation Ltd. MiTMAB™ is a trademark of Children's Medical Research Institute and Newcastle Innovation Ltd
- Chemical nameTetradecyltrimethylammonium bromide
- Molecular Weight336.40
- Chemical structure
- Molecular formulaC17H38BrN
- CAS Number1119-97-7
- PubChem identifier14250
- Storage instructionsStore at room temperature (desiccating conditions).
- Solubility overviewSoluble in water to 100 mM
Providing storage is as stated on the product vial and the vial is kept tightly sealed, the product can be stored for up to 6 months.
Wherever possible, you should prepare and use solutions on the same day. However, if you need to make up stock solutions in advance, we recommend that you store the solution as aliquots in tightly sealed vials at -20°C. Generally, these will be useable for up to one week. Before use, and prior to opening the vial we recommend that you allow your product to equilibrate to room temperature for at least 1 hour.
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab120466 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|Functional Studies||FuncS: Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
ab66705 staining PAI1 in HeLa cells treated with MiTMAB™ (ab120466), by ICC/IF. Increase in PAI1 expression correlates with increased concentration of MiTMAB™, as described in literature.
The cells were incubated at 37°C for 24h in media containing different concentrations of ab120466 (MiTMAB™) in DMSO, fixed with 100% methanol for 5 minutes at -20°C and blocked with PBS containing 10% goat serum, 0.3 M glycine, 1% BSA and 0.1% tween for 2h at room temperature. Staining of the treated cells with ab66705 (5 µg/ml) was performed overnight at 4°C in PBS containing 1% BSA and 0.1% tween. A DyLight 488 goat anti-rabbit polyclonal antibody (ab96899) at 1/250 dilution was used as the secondary antibody. Nuclei were counterstained with DAPI and are shown in blue.
References for MiTMAB™ (ab120466)
This product has been referenced in:
- Harper CB et al. Targeting membrane trafficking in infection prophylaxis: dynamin inhibitors. Trends Cell Biol 23:90-101 (2013). Read more (PubMed: 23164733) »
- Joshi S et al. The dynamin inhibitors MiTMAB and OcTMAB induce cytokinesis failure and inhibit cell proliferation in human cancer cells. Mol Cancer Ther 9:1995-2006 (2010). Read more (PubMed: 20571068) »
- Quan A et al. Myristyl trimethyl ammonium bromide and octadecyl trimethyl ammonium bromide are surface-active small molecule dynamin inhibitors that block endocytosis mediated by dynamin I or dynamin II. Mol Pharmacol 72:1425-39 (2007). Read more (PubMed: 17702890) »
- Hill TA et al. Long chain amines and long chain ammonium salts as novel inhibitors of dynamin GTPase activity. Bioorg Med Chem Lett 14:3275-8 (2004). Read more (PubMed: 15149689) »