Mitochondrial Transmembrane Potential Apoptosis Detection Kit (ab65310)
- Product nameMitochondrial Transmembrane Potential Apoptosis Detection KitSee all Mitochondrial Transmembrane Potential kits ...
- Sample typeAdherent cells, Suspension cells
- Assay typeQuantitative
- Assay time0h 30m
- Product overview
Abcam's Mitochondrial Transmembrane Potential Apoptosis Detection Kit provides a simple, fluorescent-based method for distinguishing between healthy and apoptotic cells by detecting the changes in the mitochondrial transmembrane potential. The kit utilizes MitoCapture™, a cationic dye that fluoresces differently in healthy vs apoptotic cells. In healthy cells, MitoCapture accumulates and aggregates in the mitocondria, giving off a bright red fluorescence. In apoptotic cells, MitoCapture cannot aggregate in the mitochondria due to the altered mitochondrial transmembrane potential, and thus it remains in the cytoplasm in its monomer form, fluorescing green. The fluorescent signals can be easily detected by fluorescence microscopy using a band-pass filter (detects FITC and rhodamine) or analyzed by flow cytometry using FITC channel for green monomers (Ex/Em = 488/530+ 30 nm) and (optional) PI channel for red aggregates (Em = 488/590+ 42 nm).
Visit our FAQs page for tips and troubleshooting.
Disruption of the mitochondrial transmembrane potential is one of the earliest intracellular events that occur following induction of apoptosis.
- Tested applicationsFluorescence Microscopy, Flow Cyt, Functional Studies more details
- Storage instructionsStore at -20°C. Please refer to protocols.
Components 100 tests 25 tests Incubation Buffer 2 x 100ml 1 x 50ml MitoCapture Reagent 1 x 100µl 1 x 25µl
- RelevanceMitochondrial Transmembrane Potential is an important parameter of mitochondrial function used as an indicator of cell death. The collapse of the mitochondrial transmembrane potential coincides with the opening of the mitochondrial permeability transition pores, leading to the release of cytochrome c into the cytosol, which in turn triggers other downstream events in the apoptotic cascade.
- mitochondrial membrane potential
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab65310 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|Fluorescence Microscopy||Fluorescence Microscopy|
|Flow Cyt||Flow Cyt|
References for Mitochondrial Transmembrane Potential Apoptosis Detection Kit (ab65310)
ab65310 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.