Anti-Monoamine Oxidase A antibody (ab89921)
- Product nameAnti-Monoamine Oxidase A antibodySee all Monoamine Oxidase A primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionMouse polyclonal to Monoamine Oxidase A
- Tested applicationsWB more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Full length Human Monoamine Oxidase A protein (NP_000231.1)
- Positive control
- Human liver tissue lysate and Monoamine Oxidase A transfected 293T cell line lysate.
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: None
Constituents: 1X PBS, pH 7.2
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityProtein A purified
- Clonality Polyclonal
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab89921 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||WB: Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml. Predicted molecular weight: 60 kDa.|
- FunctionCatalyzes the oxidative deamination of biogenic and xenobiotic amines and has important functions in the metabolism of neuroactive and vasoactive amines in the central nervous system and peripheral tissues. MAOA preferentially oxidizes biogenic amines such as 5-hydroxytryptamine (5-HT), norepinephrine and epinephrine.
- Tissue specificityHeart, liver, duodenum, blood vessels and kidney.
- Involvement in diseaseDefects in MAOA are the cause of Brunner syndrome (BRUNS) [MIM:300615]. Brunner syndrome is a form of X-linked non-dysmorphic mild mental retardation. Male patients are affected by a syndrome of borderline mental retardation and exhibit abnormal behavior, including disturbed regulation of impulsive aggression. Obligate female carriers have normal intelligence and behavior.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the flavin monoamine oxidase family.
- Cellular localizationMitochondrion outer membrane.
- Amine oxidase [flavin containing] A antibody
- Amine oxidase [flavin-containing] A antibody
- AOFA antibody
- AOFA_HUMAN antibody
- EC 184.108.40.206 antibody
- MAO A antibody
- MAO-A antibody
- Maoa antibody
- Monoamine oxidase A antibody
- Monoamine oxidase type A antibody
Anti-Monoamine Oxidase A antibody images
Anti-Monoamine Oxidase A antibody (ab89921) at 1 µg/ml + Human liver tissue lysate at 50 µg
Predicted band size : 60 kDa
Observed band size : 60 kDa
All lanes : Anti-Monoamine Oxidase A antibody (ab89921) at 1 µg/ml
Lane 1 : Monoamine Oxidase A transfected 293T cell lysate
Lane 2 : Non-transfected 293T cell lysate
Lysates/proteins at 25 µg per lane.
Predicted band size : 60 kDa
Observed band size : 68 kDa (why is the actual band size different from the predicted?)
References for Anti-Monoamine Oxidase A antibody (ab89921)
This product has been referenced in:
- Grouzmann E et al. Monoamine oxidase a down-regulation contributes to high metanephrine concentration in pheochromocytoma. J Clin Endocrinol Metab 97:2773-81 (2012). Human . Read more (PubMed: 22569243) »