Anti-Monoamine Oxidase A antibody (ab90710)
- Product nameAnti-Monoamine Oxidase A antibodySee all Monoamine Oxidase A primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Monoamine Oxidase A
- Tested applicationsWB more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Predicted to work with: Mouse, Rat, Chicken, Cow, Dog, Pig, Chimpanzee, Zebrafish
Synthetic peptide corresponding to a region within internal amino acids 180 - 229 (INVTSEPHEV SALWFLWYVK QCGGTTRIFS VTNGGQERKF VGGSGQVSER) of Human Monoamine Oxidase A (NP_000231).
- Positive control
- Human fetal liver lysate
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: None
Constituents: 2% Sucrose, PBS
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Clonality Polyclonal
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab90710 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||WB: Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml. Predicted molecular weight: 60 kDa. Good results were obtained when blocked with 5% non-fat dry milk in 0.05% PBS-T.|
- FunctionCatalyzes the oxidative deamination of biogenic and xenobiotic amines and has important functions in the metabolism of neuroactive and vasoactive amines in the central nervous system and peripheral tissues. MAOA preferentially oxidizes biogenic amines such as 5-hydroxytryptamine (5-HT), norepinephrine and epinephrine.
- Tissue specificityHeart, liver, duodenum, blood vessels and kidney.
- Involvement in diseaseDefects in MAOA are the cause of Brunner syndrome (BRUNS) [MIM:300615]. Brunner syndrome is a form of X-linked non-dysmorphic mild mental retardation. Male patients are affected by a syndrome of borderline mental retardation and exhibit abnormal behavior, including disturbed regulation of impulsive aggression. Obligate female carriers have normal intelligence and behavior.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the flavin monoamine oxidase family.
- Cellular localizationMitochondrion outer membrane.
- Entrez Gene: 281293 Cow
- Entrez Gene: 403450 Dog
- Entrez Gene: 4128 Human
- Entrez Gene: 17161 Mouse
- Entrez Gene: 414424 Pig
- Entrez Gene: 29253 Rat
- Omim: 309850 Human
- SwissProt: P21398 Cow
- SwissProt: P58027 Dog
- SwissProt: P21397 Human
- SwissProt: Q64133 Mouse
- SwissProt: Q6Q2J0 Pig
- SwissProt: P21396 Rat
- Unigene: 183109 Human
- Unigene: 21108 Mouse
- Unigene: 224544 Rat
- Amine oxidase [flavin containing] A antibody
- Amine oxidase [flavin-containing] A antibody
- AOFA antibody
- AOFA_HUMAN antibody
- EC 188.8.131.52 antibody
- MAO A antibody
- MAO-A antibody
- maoA antibody
- Monoamine oxidase A antibody
- Monoamine oxidase type A antibody
Anti-Monoamine Oxidase A antibody images
Anti-Monoamine Oxidase A antibody (ab90710) at 1 µg/ml (in 5% skim milk / PBS buffer) + Human fetal liver lysate at 10 µg
HRP conjugated anti-Rabbit IgG at 1/50000 dilution
Predicted band size : 60 kDa
References for Anti-Monoamine Oxidase A antibody (ab90710)
ab90710 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.