Anti-Myelin Basic Protein antibody  (ab113520)
- Product nameAnti-Myelin Basic Protein antibody See all Myelin Basic Protein primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRat monoclonal  to Myelin Basic Protein
- Specificityab113520 reacts weakly with peptides ending in the Phe 91 where the 91-92 Phe-Phe bond is broken. Synthetic peptide reacts very well, as does intact Myelin Basic Protein.
- Tested applicationsWB, ELISA, IHC-P, RIA more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Cow
Predicted to work with: Mouse, Rat, Sheep, Rabbit, Chicken, Guinea pig, Human, Pig, a wide range of other species
Synthetic peptide, corresponding to amino acids 82-87 of Cow Myelin Basic Protein.
- EpitopeFurther epitope analysis indicates binding of ab113520 to a region defined by amino acids 82-87 (DENPVV).
- Positive controlHuman Myelin tissue
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.09% Sodium azide
Constituent: 99% Tissue culture supernatant
- PurityTissue culture supernatant
- Clonality Monoclonal
- Clone number12
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab113520 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||WB: Use at an assay dependent dilution. Predicted molecular weight: 33 kDa.|
|ELISA||ELISA: Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
|RIA||RIA: Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
- FunctionThe classic group of MBP isoforms (isoform 4-isoform 14) are with PLP the most abundant protein components of the myelin membrane in the CNS. They have a role in both its formation and stabilization. The smaller isoforms might have an important role in remyelination of denuded axons in multiple sclerosis. The non-classic group of MBP isoforms (isoform 1-isoform 3/Golli-MBPs) may preferentially have a role in the early developing brain long before myelination, maybe as components of transcriptional complexes, and may also be involved in signaling pathways in T-cells and neural cells. Differential splicing events combined with optional post-translational modifications give a wide spectrum of isomers, with each of them potentially having a specialized function. Induces T-cell proliferation.
- Tissue specificityMBP isoforms are found in both the central and the peripheral nervous system, whereas Golli-MBP isoforms are expressed in fetal thymus, spleen and spinal cord, as well as in cell lines derived from the immune system.
- Involvement in diseaseNote=The reduction in the surface charge of citrullinated and/or methylated MBP could result in a weakened attachment to the myelin membrane. This mechanism could be operative in demyelinating diseases such as chronical multiple sclerosis (MS), and fulminating MS (Marburg disease).
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the myelin basic protein family.
- Developmental stageExpression begins abruptly in 14-16 week old fetuses. Even smaller isoforms seem to be produced during embryogenesis; some of these persisting in the adult. Isoform 4 expression is more evident at 16 weeks and its relative proportion declines thereafter.
modificationsSeveral charge isomers of MBP; C1 (the most cationic, least modified, and most abundant form), C2, C3, C4, C5, C6, C7, C8-A and C8-B (the least cationic form); are produced as a result of optional PTM, such as phosphorylation, deamidation of glutamine or asparagine, arginine citrullination and methylation. C8-A and C8-B contain each two mass isoforms termed C8-A(H), C8-A(L), C8-B(H) and C8-B(L), (H) standing for higher and (L) for lower molecular weight. C3, C4 and C5 are phosphorylated. The ratio of methylated arginine residues decreases during aging, making the protein more cationic.
The N-terminal alanine is acetylated (isoform 3, isoform 4, isoform 5 and isoform 6).
Arg-241 was found to be 6% monomethylated and 60% symmetrically dimethylated.
- Cellular localizationMyelin membrane. Cytoplasmic side of myelin.
- Entrez Gene: 618684 Cow
- Entrez Gene: 4155 Human
- Entrez Gene: 17196 Mouse
- Entrez Gene: 414286 Pig
- Entrez Gene: 24547 Rat
- Omim: 159430 Human
- SwissProt: P02687 Cow
- SwissProt: P25188 Guinea pig
- SwissProt: P02686 Human
- SwissProt: P04370 Mouse
- SwissProt: P81558 Pig
- SwissProt: P25274 Rabbit
- SwissProt: P02688 Rat
- Unigene: 551713 Human
- Unigene: 252063 Mouse
- Unigene: 392350 Mouse
- Unigene: 454459 Mouse
- Unigene: 63285 Rat
- GDB antibodyGolli MBP antibodyGolli MBP; myelin basic protein antibody
- Hemopoietic MBP antibodyHMBPR antibodyHUGO antibodyMBP antibodymbp antibodyMBP_HUMAN antibodyMGC99675 antibodyMLD antibodyMyelin A1 protein antibodyMyelin basic protein antibodyMyelin Deficient antibodyMyelin membrane encephalitogenic protein antibodyOTTHUMP00000163776 antibodyOTTHUMP00000174387 antibodyOTTHUMP00000174388 antibodySHI antibodyShiverer antibodySP antibody
Anti-Myelin Basic Protein antibody  images
ab113520, at a 1/50 dilution, staining Myelin Basic Protein in formalin fixed, paraffin embedded Human Myelin tissue by Immunohistochemistry.
References for Anti-Myelin Basic Protein antibody  (ab113520)
ab113520 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.