Myeloperoxidase (MPO) Activity Assay Kit (Fluorometric) (ab111749)
- Product nameMyeloperoxidase (MPO) Activity Assay Kit (Fluorometric)See all Myeloperoxidase kits ...
- Tests100 x 1 assay
- Sample typeCell culture supernatant, Milk, Urine, Serum, Plasma, Other biological fluids, Tissue Extracts
- Assay typeEnzyme activity
- Sensitivity> 0.001 mU/well
- Species reactivityReacts with: all Mammals
- Product overview
In Abcam's Myeloperoxidase (MPO) Activity Assay Kit (Fluorometric), MPO catalyzes the production of NaClO from H2O2 and NaCl. Subsequently, NaClO will react stoichiometrically with Aminophenyl fluorescein (APF) to generate fluorescein, which has a strong fluorescence and can be detected at Ex/Em = 485/525 nm. The kit provides a rapid, simple, sensitive, and reliable test suitable as a high throughput assay of MPO activity. This kit can be used to detect MPO activity as low as 0.5 µU per well
Visit our FAQs page for tips and troubleshooting.
Myeloperoxidase (MPO) is a peroxidase enzyme (EC 22.214.171.124) most abundantly present in neutrophil granulocytes. It is a green hemoprotein found in neutrophils and monocytes that catalyzes the reaction of hydrogen peroxide and halide ions to form cytotoxic acids and other intermediates that play a role in the oxygen-dependent killing of tumor cells and microorganisms. Its heme pigment causes the green color in secretions rich in neutrophils, such as pus and some forms of mucus. Furthermore, it can oxidize tyrosine to a tyrosyl radical using hydrogen peroxide as an oxidizing agent.
- Tested applicationsFunctional Studies more details
- Storage instructionsStore at -20°C. Please refer to protocols.
Components Identifier 100 tests Assay Buffer WM 1 x 25ml Fluorescein Standard (1 mM) Yellow cap 1 x 50µl MPO Positive Control Purple cap 1 vial MPO Probe Red cap 1 x 200µl MPO Substrate Stock Blue cap 1 x 50µl
- FunctionPart of the host defense system of polymorphonuclear leukocytes. It is responsible for microbicidal activity against a wide range of organisms. In the stimulated PMN, MPO catalyzes the production of hypohalous acids, primarily hypochlorous acid in physiologic situations, and other toxic intermediates that greatly enhance PMN microbicidal activity.
- Involvement in diseaseDefects in MPO are the cause of myeloperoxidase deficiency (MPD) [MIM:254600]. MPD is an autosomal recessive defect that results in disseminated candidiasis.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the peroxidase family. XPO subfamily.
- Cellular localizationLysosome.
- Myeloperoxidase heavy chain
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab111749 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
Myeloperoxidase (MPO) Activity Assay Kit (Fluorometric) images
Standard Curve using this kit protocol (Ex/Em = 485/525 nm)
Positive Control using this kit protocol (Ex/Em = 485/525 nm)
References for Myeloperoxidase (MPO) Activity Assay Kit (Fluorometric) (ab111749)
ab111749 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.