Myeloperoxidase (MPO) Assay Kit (Colorimetric) (ab105136)
- Product nameMyeloperoxidase (MPO) Assay Kit (Colorimetric)See all Myeloperoxidase kits ...
- Sample typeCell culture supernatant, Urine, Serum, Plasma, Other biological fluids
- Product overview
Myeloperoxidase (MPO) is a peroxidase enzyme (EC 126.96.36.199) most abundantly expressed in neutrophil granulocytes. It is a lysosomal protein stored in the azurophilic granules of the neutrophil. Myeloperoxidase contains a heme pigment which causes its green color in secretions rich in neutrophils, such as pus and some forms of mucus. Myeloperoxidase catalyzes the production of hypochlorous acid (HClO) from hydrogen peroxide (H2O2) and chloride anion (Cl-, or the equivalent from a non-chlorine halide). Myeloperoxidase also oxidizes tyrosine to a tyrosyl radical using hydrogen peroxide as an oxidizing agent. In ab105136, the HClO produced from H2O2 and Cl- is reacted with taurine to generate the taurine chloramine, which subsequently reacts with the TNB2- probe to eliminate color (lambda = 412 nm). The kit provides a rapid, simple, sensitive, and reliable test suitable for high throughput activity assay of Myeloperoxidase. This kit can be used to detect Myeloperoxidase as low as 0.05 mU per well.
Store the kit at -20 °C protected from light. Allow the Assay Buffer to warm to room temperature before use. Briefly centrifuge vials before opening. Read the entire protocol prior to performing the assay.
- Tested applicationsFunctional Studies more details
- Storage instructionsStore at -20°C. Please refer to protocols.
Components Identifier 100 tests DTNB Probe Red 1 x 50µl MPO Assay Buffer WM 1 x 25ml MPO Positive Control (lyophilized) Purple 1 vial MPO Substrate Stock Blue 1 x 50µl Stop Mix Green 1 x 20µl TCEP (50mM) Clear 1 x 50µl
- FunctionPart of the host defense system of polymorphonuclear leukocytes. It is responsible for microbicidal activity against a wide range of organisms. In the stimulated PMN, MPO catalyzes the production of hypohalous acids, primarily hypochlorous acid in physiologic situations, and other toxic intermediates that greatly enhance PMN microbicidal activity.
- Involvement in diseaseDefects in MPO are the cause of myeloperoxidase deficiency (MPD) [MIM:254600]. MPD is an autosomal recessive defect that results in disseminated candidiasis.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the peroxidase family. XPO subfamily.
- Cellular localizationLysosome.
- Myeloperoxidase heavy chain
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab105136 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
References for Myeloperoxidase (MPO) Assay Kit (Colorimetric) (ab105136)
ab105136 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.