Anti-NADH Dehydrogenase subunit 6 antibody (ab81212)
- Product nameAnti-NADH Dehydrogenase subunit 6 antibody
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to NADH Dehydrogenase subunit 6
- Tested applicationsIHC-P, WB more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Predicted to work with: Chimpanzee
Synthetic peptide corresponding to a region within internal sequence amino acids 110-159 (DGVVVVVNFN SVGSWMIYEG EGSGLIREDP IGAGALYDYG RWLVVVTGWT) of Human NADH Dehydrogenase subunit 6 (NP_536854).
- Positive controlHuman fetal lung lysate.
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: None
Constituents: 2% Sucrose, PBS
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Clonality Polyclonal
- Pathways and Processes
- Metabolic signaling pathways
- Energy transfer pathways
- Integration of energy
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab81212 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IHC-P||IHC-P: Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml.|
|WB||WB: Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml. Predicted molecular weight: 19 kDa. Good results were obtained when blocked with 5% non-fat dry milk in 0.05% PBS-T.|
- RelevanceNADH Dehydrogenase subunit 6 (MTND6) is 1 of the 7 mitochondrial DNA (mtDNA) encoded subunits (MTND1, MTND2, MTND3, MTND4L, MTND4, MTND5, MTND6) included among the approximately 41 polypeptides of respiratory Complex I. Complex I accepts electrons from NADH, transfers them to ubiquinone (Coenzyme Q10), and uses the energy released to pump protons across the mitochondria inner membrane. MTND6 has been proposed to be a component of the iron-protein fragment. The predicted polypeptide has a molecular weight of 18.6 kD. Its apparent MW on SDS-polyacrylamide gels (PAGE) using Tris-glycine buffer is 16.7 kD, and the apparent MW on urea-phosphate gels is also close to the predicted molecular weight.
- Cellular localizationMitochondrion membrane; Multi-pass membrane protein.
- Mitochondrially encoded NADH dehydrogenase 6 antibodyMT ND6 antibodymtND6 antibody
- NADH dehydrogenase subunit 6 (complex I) antibodyNADH ubiquinone oxidoreductase chain 6 antibodyNADH Ubiquinone Oxidoreductase subunit ND6 antibodyNADH6 antibodyND6 antibody
Anti-NADH Dehydrogenase subunit 6 antibody images
Anti-NADH Dehydrogenase subunit 6 antibody (ab81212) at 1 µg/ml (in 5% skim milk / PBS buffer) + Human fetal lung lysate at 10 µg
HRP conjugated anti-Rabbit IgG at 1/50000 dilution
Predicted band size : 19 kDa
Observed band size : 24 kDa (why is the actual band size different from the predicted?)
IHC image of ab81212 staining in Human breast cancer formalin fixed paraffin embedded tissue section, performed on a Leica BondTM system using the standard protocol F. The section was pre-treated using heat mediated antigen retrieval with sodium citrate buffer (pH6, epitope retrieval solution 1) for 20 mins. The section was then incubated with ab81212, 1µg/ml, for 15 mins at room temperature and detected using an HRP conjugated compact polymer system. DAB was used as the chromogen. The section was then counterstained with haematoxylin and mounted with DPX.
For other IHC staining systems (automated and non-automated) customers should optimize variable parameters such as antigen retrieval conditions, primary antibody concentration and antibody incubation times.
References for Anti-NADH Dehydrogenase subunit 6 antibody (ab81212)
This product has been referenced in:
- Karamanlidis G et al. Defective DNA replication impairs mitochondrial biogenesis in human failing hearts. Circ Res 106:1541-8 (2010). Read more (PubMed: 20339121) »