Anti-NCAM antibody (ab95153)
- Product nameAnti-NCAM antibodySee all NCAM primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to NCAM
- Tested applicationsIHC-P, WB more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat
Predicted to work with: Chinese Hamster
Synthetic peptide conjugated to KLH derived from within residues 1050 to the C-terminus of Mouse NCAM.
- Positive controlThis antibody gave a positive signal in the following tissue lysates: Mouse Brain; Mouse Forebrain; Mouse Hippocampus; Rat Brain; Rat Cerebellum; Rat Forebrain.
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Note: Batches of this product that have a concentration < 1mg/ml may have BSA added as a stabilising agent. If you would like information about the formulation of a specific lot, please contact our scientific support team who will be happy to help.
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Clonality Polyclonal
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab95153 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IHC-P||IHC-P: Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml.|
|WB||WB: Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 140,180 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 119 kDa).|
- FunctionThis protein is a cell adhesion molecule involved in neuron-neuron adhesion, neurite fasciculation, outgrowth of neurites, etc.
- Sequence similaritiesContains 2 fibronectin type-III domains.
Contains 5 Ig-like C2-type (immunoglobulin-like) domains.
- Cellular localizationSecreted and Cell membrane.
- antigen recognized by monoclonal antibody 5.1H11 antibodyCD56 antibodyMSK 39 antibody
- MSK39 antibodyN-CAM-1 antibodyNCAM 1 antibodyNCAM antibodyNCAM C antibodyNCAM-1 antibodyNCAM1 antibodyNCAM1_HUMAN antibodyNCAMC antibodyNeural cell adhesion molecule 1 antibodyNeural cell adhesion molecule NCAM antibodyOTTHUMP00000235666 antibody
Anti-NCAM antibody images
All lanes : Anti-NCAM antibody (ab95153) at 1 µg/ml
Lane 1 : Brain (Mouse) Tissue Lysate
Lane 2 : Forebrain (Mouse) Tissue Lysate
Lane 3 : Mouse Hippocampus Tissue Lysate
Lane 4 : Brain (Rat) Tissue Lysate
Lane 5 : Cerebellum Rat Tissue Lysate
Lane 6 : Rat Forebrain
Lysates/proteins at 10 µg per lane.
Goat polyclonal Secondary Antibody to Rabbit IgG - H&L (HRP), pre-adsorbed (ab97080) at 1/5000 dilution
developed using the ECL technique
Performed under reducing conditions.
Predicted band size : 119 kDa
Observed band size : 140,180 kDa (why is the actual band size different from the predicted?)
Exposure time : 30 seconds
IHC image of NCAM staining in Mouse foetal brain formalin fixed paraffin embedded tissue section, performed on a Leica BondTM system using the standard protocol B. The section was pre-treated using heat mediated antigen retrieval with sodium citrate buffer (pH6, epitope retrieval solution 1) for 20 mins. The section was then incubated with ab95153, 1µg/ml, for 15 mins at room temperature and detected using an HRP conjugated compact polymer system. DAB was used as the chromogen. The section was then counterstained with haematoxylin and mounted with DPX.
For other IHC staining systems (automated and non-automated) customers should optimize variable parameters such as antigen retrieval conditions, primary antibody concentration and antibody incubation times.
References for Anti-NCAM antibody (ab95153)
ab95153 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.