NECA Fluorescent ligand (Red) (ab118162)
- Product nameNECA Fluorescent ligand (Red)
Fluorescent non-selective adenosine agonist
- Adenosine-5’-N-ethyluronamide (NECA)-derivative
- Biological descriptionFluorescent adenosine agonist. Wide range of applications which include localizing receptor distribution in tissues and cells, and live-cell imaging of receptor kinetics. Stimulates phosphoinositide hydrolysis (pEC50 = 7.34). In vitro potencies (pIC50 values) are 8.47 and 8.57 for A1 and A3 respectively. pEC50 values are 6.76 and 5.69 for A2A and A2B respectively.
Excitation wavelength: 638 nm
Emission wavelength: 657 nm
- Purity> 97%
- PharmacophoreAdenosine-5’-N-ethyluronamide (NECA)-derivative
- SelectivityA1: 8.47 | A2A: 6.76 | A2B: 5.69 | A3 : 8.57
- Molecular Weight925.00
- Molecular formulaC45H51BF2N10O7S
- CAS Number774199-07-4
- Storage instructionsStore at -20°C. Avoid exposure to light.
- HandlingFor ligand binding, fluorescence imaging and high content analysis, kinetic analysis and cell sorting at A1 / A2A / A3 adenosine receptors use solutions up to 100 nM in DMSO.
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab118162 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|Small Molecule Fluorescent Optical Detection||Small Molecule Fluorescent Optical Detection: Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
|Receptor Localization||Receptor Localization: Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
|Fluorescent Cell Imaging||Fluorescent Cell Imaging: Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
NECA Fluorescent ligand (Red) images
Left: the ab118162 ligand (30 nM) binding to live CHO cells expressing adenosine A3 receptors. Right: Binding blocked by the unlabelled competitor XAC (10 µM). Nuclei have been counter-stained with Hoechst.
A1-SPAP cells assayed with ab118162 (A-633-AG)
A2a-SPAP cells assayed with ab118162 (A-633-AG)
A3-SPAP cells assayed with ab118162 (A-633-AG)
References for NECA Fluorescent ligand (Red) (ab118162)
ab118162 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.