- Product nameNECA
- DescriptionHighly potent adenosine agonist
- Biological descriptionPotent agonist of adenosine receptors, non-selective analogue of adenosine (Ki values are 14, 20, 330, and 6.2 nM for A1, A2A, A2B and A3 receptors respectively). Offers cardio-protection by limiting infarction in situ.
- Purity> 99%
- Chemical name1-(6-Amino-9H-purin-9-yl)-1-deoxy-N-ethyl-β-D-ribofuranuronamide
- Molecular Weight308.30
- Chemical structure
- Molecular formulaC12H16N6O4
- CAS Number35920-39-9
- PubChem identifier123683
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C (desiccating conditions).
- Solubility overviewSoluble in DMSO to 50 mM
Providing storage is as stated on the product vial and the vial is kept tightly sealed, the product can be stored for up to 6 months.
Wherever possible, you should prepare and use solutions on the same day. However, if you need to make up stock solutions in advance, we recommend that you store the solution as aliquots in tightly sealed vials at -20°C. Generally, these will be useable for up to one week. Before use, and prior to opening the vial we recommend that you allow your product to equilibrate to room temperature for at least 1 hour.
References for NECA (ab120440)
This product has been referenced in:
- Liu Y et al. AMP579 is revealed to be a potent A2b-adenosine receptor agonist in human 293 cells and rabbit hearts. Basic Res Cardiol 105:129-37 (2010). Read more (PubMed: 19730798) »
- Philipp S et al. Postconditioning protects rabbit hearts through a protein kinase C-adenosine A2b receptor cascade. Cardiovasc Res 70:308-14 (2006). Read more (PubMed: 16545350) »
- Klotz KN Adenosine receptors and their ligands. Naunyn Schmiedebergs Arch Pharmacol 362:382-91 (2000). Read more (PubMed: 11111832) »