Anti-NFAT2 antibody (ab25916)
- Product nameAnti-NFAT2 antibodySee all NFAT2 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to NFAT2
- SpecificityThe amino acid sequence used is 100% identical in human NFATc1A, B, C and E isoforms. The NFATc1 antibody may detect multiple isoforms of different sizes depending upon the cell lines.
- Tested applicationsIHC-P, WB more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Chicken, Human, Chimpanzee
Synthetic peptide: NKRKYSLNGRQPPYSPHHS, corresponding to amino acids 263-282 of Human NFATc1
- Positive control
- Ramos cell lysate
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Aliquot and store at -20°C long term. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.05% Sodium Azide
Constituents: 0.05% BSA, PBS
- Concentration information loading...
- Clonality Polyclonal
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab25916 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IHC-P||IHC-P: Use a concentration of 5 µg/ml. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval with citrate buffer pH 6 before commencing with IHC staining protocol.|
|WB||WB: Use a concentration of 1 - 3 µg/ml. Predicted molecular weight varies with isoform.|
- FunctionPlays a role in the inducible expression of cytokine genes in T-cells, especially in the induction of the IL-2 or IL-4 gene transcription. Also controls gene expression in embryonic cardiac cells. Could regulate not only the activation and proliferation but also the differentiation and programmed death of T-lymphocytes as well as lymphoid and non-lymphoid cells.
- Tissue specificityExpressed in thymus, peripheral leukocytes as T-cells and spleen. Isoforms A are preferentially expressed in effector T-cells (thymus and peripheral leukocytes) whereas isoforms B and isoforms C are preferentially expressed in naive T-cells (spleen). Isoforms B are expressed in naive T-cells after first antigen exposure and isoforms A are expressed in effector T-cells after second antigen exposure.
- Sequence similaritiesContains 1 RHD (Rel-like) domain.
- DomainRel Similarity Domain (RSD) allows DNA-binding and cooperative interactions with AP1 factors.
The N-terminal transactivation domain (TAD-A) binds to and is activated by Cbp/p300. The dephosphorylated form contains two unmasked nuclear localization signals (NLS), which allow translocation of the protein to the nucleus.
Isoforms C have a C-terminal part with an additional trans-activation domain, TAD-B, which acts as a transcriptional activator. Isoforms B have a shorter C-terminal part without complete TAD-B which acts as a transcriptional repressor.
modificationsPhosphorylated by NFATC-kinase; dephosphorylated by calcineurin.
- Cellular localizationCytoplasm. Nucleus. Cytoplasmic for the phosphorylated form and nuclear after activation that is controlled by calcineurin-mediated dephosphorylation. Rapid nuclear exit of NFATC is thought to be one mechanism by which cells distinguish between sustained and transient calcium signals. The subcellular localization of NFATC plays a key role in the regulation of gene transcription.
- cytoplasmic 1 antibody
- MGC138448 antibody
- NAFATC antibody
- NF ATc antibody
- NF ATc1 antibody
- NF-ATc antibody
- NF-ATc1 antibody
- NFAC1_HUMAN antibody
- NFAT 2 antibody
- NFAT transcription complex cytosolic component antibody
- NFAT2 antibody
- NFATC 1 antibody
- NFATc antibody
- NFATC1 antibody
- Nuclear factor of activated T cells cytoplasmic 1 antibody
- Nuclear factor of activated T cells cytoplasmic calcineurin dependent 1 antibody
- Nuclear factor of activated T cells cytosolic component 1 antibody
- Nuclear factor of activated T-cells antibody
Anti-NFAT2 antibody images
Western blot analysis of NFATc1 in Ramos cell lysate. Lane 1. Without blocking peptide. Lane 2. With blocking peptide.
IHC image of ab25916 staining in human tonsil formalin fixed paraffin embedded tissue section, performed on a Leica BondTM system using the standard protocol F. The section was pre-treated using heat mediated antigen retrieval with sodium citrate buffer (pH6, epitope retrieval solution 1) for 20 mins. The section was then incubated with ab25916, 5µg/ml, for 15 mins at room temperature and detected using an HRP conjugated compact polymer system. DAB was used as the chromogen. The section was then counterstained with haematoxylin and mounted with DPX.
For other IHC staining systems (automated and non-automated) customers should optimize variable parameters such as antigen retrieval conditions, primary antibody concentration and antibody incubation times.
References for Anti-NFAT2 antibody (ab25916)
This product has been referenced in:
- Griesmann H et al. WNT5A-NFAT signaling mediates resistance to apoptosis in pancreatic cancer. Neoplasia 15:11-22 (2013). IHC-P ; Human . Read more (PubMed: 23359789) »
- Torgerson TR et al. FOXP3 inhibits activation-induced NFAT2 expression in T cells thereby limiting effector cytokine expression. J Immunol 183:907-15 (2009). Read more (PubMed: 19564342) »