Anti-NFkB p105 / p50 (phospho S927) antibody (ab60936)
- Product nameAnti-NFkB p105 / p50 (phospho S927) antibodySee all NFkB p105 / p50 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to NFkB p105 / p50 (phospho S927)
- SpecificityDetects endogenous levels of NFkB p105 / p50 only when phosphorylated at serine 927.
- Tested applicationsELISA, IHC-P, WB, ICC/IF more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Predicted to work with: Mouse, Rat
Synthetic phosphopeptide derived from human NFkB p105 / p50 around the phosphorylation site of serine 927 (C-D-SP-G-V).
- Positive controlHuman breast carcinoma.
- Storage instructionsStore at -20°C. Stable for 12 months at -20°C
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.02% Sodium Azide
Constituents: 50% Glycerol, PBS (without Mg2+ and Ca2+), 150mM Sodium chloride, pH 7.4
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Purification notesAffinity-purified from rabbit antiserum by affinity-chromatography using epitope-specific phosphopeptide. The antibody against non-phosphopeptide was removed by chromatography using non-phosphopeptide corresponding to the phosphorylation site.
- Clonality Polyclonal
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab60936 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IHC-P||IHC-P: 1/50 - 1/100.|
|WB||WB: 1/500 - 1/1000. Detects a band of approximately 105 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 105 kDa).|
|ICC/IF||ICC/IF: 1/500 - 1/1000.|
- FunctionNF-kappa-B is a pleiotropic transcription factor which is present in almost all cell types and is involved in many biological processed such as inflammation, immunity, differentiation, cell growth, tumorigenesis and apoptosis. NF-kappa-B is a homo- or heterodimeric complex formed by the Rel-like domain-containing proteins RELA/p65, RELB, NFKB1/p105, NFKB1/p50, REL and NFKB2/p52 and the heterodimeric p65-p50 complex appears to be most abundant one. The dimers bind at kappa-B sites in the DNA of their target genes and the individual dimers have distinct preferences for different kappa-B sites that they can bind with distinguishable affinity and specificity. Different dimer combinations act as transcriptional activators or repressors, respectively. NF-kappa-B is controlled by various mechanisms of post-translational modification and subcellular compartmentalization as well as by interactions with other cofactors or corepressors. NF-kappa-B complexes are held in the cytoplasm in an inactive state complexed with members of the NF-kappa-B inhibitor (I-kappa-B) family. In a conventional activation pathway, I-kappa-B is phosphorylated by I-kappa-B kinases (IKKs) in response to different activators, subsequently degraded thus liberating the active NF-kappa-B complex which translocates to the nucleus. NF-kappa-B heterodimeric p65-p50 and RelB-p50 complexes are transcriptional activators. The NF-kappa-B p50-p50 homodimer is a transcriptional repressor, but can act as a transcriptional activator when associated with BCL3. NFKB1 appears to have dual functions such as cytoplasmic retention of attached NF-kappa-B proteins by p105 and generation of p50 by a cotranslational processing. The proteasome-mediated process ensures the production of both p50 and p105 and preserves their independent function, although processing of NFKB1/p105 also appears to occur post-translationally. p50 binds to the kappa-B consensus sequence 5'-GGRNNYYCC-3', located in the enhancer region of genes involved in immune response and acute phase reactions. In a complex with MAP3K8, NFKB1/p105 represses MAP3K8-induced MAPK signaling; active MAP3K8 is released by proteasome-dependent degradation of NFKB1/p105.
- Sequence similaritiesContains 7 ANK repeats.
Contains 1 death domain.
Contains 1 RHD (Rel-like) domain.
- DomainThe C-terminus of p105 might be involved in cytoplasmic retention, inhibition of DNA-binding, and transcription activation.
Glycine-rich region (GRR) appears to be a critical element in the generation of p50.
modificationsWhile translation occurs, the particular unfolded structure after the GRR repeat promotes the generation of p50 making it an acceptable substrate for the proteasome. This process is known as cotranslational processing. The processed form is active and the unprocessed form acts as an inhibitor (I kappa B-like), being able to form cytosolic complexes with NF-kappa B, trapping it in the cytoplasm. Complete folding of the region downstream of the GRR repeat precludes processing.
Phosphorylation at 'Ser-903' and 'Ser-907' primes p105 for proteolytic processing in response to TNF-alpha stimulation. Phosphorylation at 'Ser-927' and 'Ser-932' are required for BTRC/BTRCP-mediated proteolysis.
Polyubiquitination seems to allow p105 processing.
S-nitrosylation of Cys-61 affects DNA binding.
- Cellular localizationNucleus. Cytoplasm. Nuclear, but also found in the cytoplasm in an inactive form complexed to an inhibitor.
- DKFZp686C01211 antibodyDNA binding factor KBF1 antibodyDNA binding factor KBF1 EBP1 antibody
- DNA-binding factor KBF1 antibodyEBP 1 antibodyEBP-1 antibodyEBP1 antibodyKBF1 antibodyMGC54151 antibodyNF kappa B antibodyNF kappabeta antibodyNF kB1 antibodyNFKB 1 antibodyNFKB p105 antibodyNFKB p50 antibodyNFKB1 antibodyNFKB1_HUMAN antibodyNuclear factor kappa B DNA binding subunit antibodyNuclear factor NF kappa B p105 subunit antibodyNuclear factor NF kappa B p50 subunit antibodyNuclear factor NF-kappa-B p50 subunit antibodyNuclear factor of kappa light polypeptide gene enhancer in B cells 1 antibodyNuclear factor of kappa light polypeptide gene enhancer in B-cells 1 antibodyp84/NF-kappa-B1 p98 antibody
Anti-NFkB p105 / p50 (phospho S927) antibody images
All lanes : Anti-NFkB p105 / p50 (phospho S927) antibody (ab60936) at 1/500 dilution
Lane 1 : Hela cells treated with LPS (100ng/ml, 30min) with immunizing peptide
Lane 2 : Hela cells treated with LPS (100ng/ml, 30min)
Predicted band size : 105 kDa
Observed band size : 105 kDa
ab60936 at 1/50 - 1/100 dilution staining NFkB p105 / p50 in human breast carcinoma by Immunohistochemistry, Paraffin embedded tissue, in the absence or presence of the immunising peptide.
References for Anti-NFkB p105 / p50 (phospho S927) antibody (ab60936)
This product has been referenced in:
- Kuny S et al. Differential gene expression in eyecup and retina of a mouse model of Stargardt-like macular dystrophy (STGD3). Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 53:664-75 (2012). WB ; Mouse . Read more (PubMed: 22199241) »