Anti-NFkB p65 antibody (ab17742)
- Product nameAnti-NFkB p65 antibodySee all NFkB p65 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to NFkB p65
- SpecificitySpecific for the p65 subunit of NFkB.
- Tested applicationsWB more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Human
Predicted to work with: Rat, Bird
Synthetic peptide: ADMDFSALL, corresponding to amino acids 538 - 546 of Human NFkB p65.
- Positive controlHeLa or Raw whole cell lysate.
- General notes
NFkB (nuclear factor kB) regulates the expression of a large number of genes that play critical roles in apoptosis, viral replication, tumorigenesis, various autoimmune diseases and inflammation. The active nuclear form of the NFkB transcription factor complex is composed of two DNA binding subunits, NFkB p65 and p50, both of which share extensive N terminal sequence homology with the v-rel oncogene product. N terminal regions of p50 and p65 are critical for DNA binding and help determine the DNA binding specificities of p50 and p65.
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C (add glycerol to a final volume of 50% for extra stability). Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.02% Sodium Azide
Constituents: 40-50% Glycerol, PBS, 1mg/ml BSA
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Primary antibody notes NFkB (nuclear factor kB) regulates the expression of a large number of genes that play critical roles in apoptosis, viral replication, tumorigenesis, various autoimmune diseases and inflammation. The active nuclear form of the NFkB transcription factor complex is composed of two DNA binding subunits, NFkB p65 and p50, both of which share extensive N terminal sequence homology with the v-rel oncogene product. N terminal regions of p50 and p65 are critical for DNA binding and help determine the DNA binding specificities of p50 and p65.
- Clonality Polyclonal
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab17742 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||WB: 1/500 - 1/1000. Detects a band of approximately 65 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 65 kDa).|
- FunctionNF-kappa-B is a pleiotropic transcription factor which is present in almost all cell types and is involved in many biological processed such as inflammation, immunity, differentiation, cell growth, tumorigenesis and apoptosis. NF-kappa-B is a homo- or heterodimeric complex formed by the Rel-like domain-containing proteins RELA/p65, RELB, NFKB1/p105, NFKB1/p50, REL and NFKB2/p52 and the heterodimeric p65-p50 complex appears to be most abundant one. The dimers bind at kappa-B sites in the DNA of their target genes and the individual dimers have distinct preferences for different kappa-B sites that they can bind with distinguishable affinity and specificity. Different dimer combinations act as transcriptional activators or repressors, respectively. NF-kappa-B is controlled by various mechanisms of post-translational modification and subcellular compartmentalization as well as by interactions with other cofactors or corepressors. NF-kappa-B complexes are held in the cytoplasm in an inactive state complexed with members of the NF-kappa-B inhibitor (I-kappa-B) family. In a conventional activation pathway, I-kappa-B is phosphorylated by I-kappa-B kinases (IKKs) in response to different activators, subsequently degraded thus liberating the active NF-kappa-B complex which translocates to the nucleus. NF-kappa-B heterodimeric p65-p50 and p65-c-Rel complexes are transcriptional activators. The NF-kappa-B p65-p65 complex appears to be involved in invasin-mediated activation of IL-8 expression. The inhibitory effect of I-kappa-B upon NF-kappa-B the cytoplasm is exerted primarily through the interaction with p65. p65 shows a weak DNA-binding site which could contribute directly to DNA binding in the NF-kappa-B complex. Associates with chromatin at the NF-kappa-B promoter region via association with DDX1.
- Sequence similaritiesContains 1 RHD (Rel-like) domain.
- Domainthe 9aaTAD motif is a transactivation domain present in a large number of yeast and animal transcription factors.
modificationsUbiquitinated, leading to its proteasomal degradation. Degradation is required for termination of NF-kappa-B response.
Monomethylated at Lys-310 by SETD6. Monomethylation at Lys-310 is recognized by the ANK repeats of EHMT1 and promotes the formation of repressed chromatin at target genes, leading to down-regulation of NF-kappa-B transcription factor activity. Phosphorylation at Ser-311 disrupts the interaction with EHMT1 without preventing monomethylation at Lys-310 and relieves the repression of target genes.
Phosphorylation at Ser-311 disrupts the interaction with EHMT1 and promotes transcription factor activity (By similarity). Phosphorylation on Ser-536 stimulates acetylation on Lys-310 and interaction with CBP; the phosphorylated and acetylated forms show enhanced transcriptional activity.
Reversibly acetylated; the acetylation seems to be mediated by CBP, the deacetylation by HDAC3. Acetylation at Lys-122 enhances DNA binding and impairs association with NFKBIA. Acetylation at Lys-310 is required for full transcriptional activity in the absence of effects on DNA binding and NFKBIA association. Acetylation can also lower DNA-binding and results in nuclear export. Interaction with BRMS1 promotes deacetylation of 'Lys-310'.
- Cellular localizationNucleus. Cytoplasm. Nuclear, but also found in the cytoplasm in an inactive form complexed to an inhibitor (I-kappa-B). Colocalized with RELA in the nucleus upon TNF-alpha induction.
- Avian reticuloendotheliosis viral (v rel) oncogene homolog A antibodyMGC131774 antibodyNF kappa B p65delta3 antibody
- NFKB 3 antibodyNFKB3 antibodyNuclear Factor NF Kappa B p65 Subunit antibodyNuclear factor NF-kappa-B p65 subunit antibodyNuclear factor of kappa light polypeptide gene enhancer in B cells 3 antibodyNuclear Factor Of Kappa Light Polypeptide Gene Enhancer In B Cells antibodyNuclear factor of kappa light polypeptide gene enhancer in B-cells 3 antibodyNuclear factor of kappa light polypeptide gene enhancer in B-cells 3 p65 (avian) antibodyOTTHUMP00000233473 antibodyOTTHUMP00000233474 antibodyOTTHUMP00000233475 antibodyOTTHUMP00000233476 antibodyOTTHUMP00000233900 antibodyp65 antibodyp65 NF kappaB antibodyp65 NFkB antibodyRELA antibodyTF65_HUMAN antibodyTranscription Factor p65 antibodyv rel avian reticuloendotheliosis viral oncogene homolog A (nuclear factor of kappa light polypeptide gene enhancer in B cells 3 (p65)) antibodyV Rel Avian Reticuloendotheliosis Viral Oncogene Homolog A antibodyv rel reticuloendotheliosis viral oncogene homolog A (avian) antibodyv rel reticuloendotheliosis viral oncogene homolog A antibodyV rel reticuloendotheliosis viral oncogene homolog A, nuclear factor of kappa light polypeptide gene enhancer in B cells 3, p65 antibodyV-rel avian reticuloendotheliosis viral oncogene homolog A antibody