Anti-NGF antibody (ab6198)
- Product nameAnti-NGF antibodySee all NGF primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to NGF
- SpecificityLess than 1% cross-reactivity against recombinant human Brain Derived Neurotrophic Factor, Neurotrophin 3 and Neurotrophin 4/5 by ELISA. This NGF antibody detects a band of approximate molecular weight of 13KDa under denaturing conditions. This corresponds the monomer of beta NGF (as it exists as a dimer in the native state).
- Tested applicationsDot Blot, ELISA, IHC-Fr, Neutralising, WB, IHC-P more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Chicken, Human
Does not react withCow
Native mouse salivary gland NGF purified by modification of the method of Mobley et al (1976). Antigen purity was greater than 95% by PAGE.
- General notesThis antibody has been shown to be useful for a variety of techniques and its specificity has been demonstrated by immunoblot.
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C (add glycerol to a final volume of 50% for extra stability). Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- PurityWhole antiserum
- Clonality Polyclonal
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab6198 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|Dot Blot||Dot: Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
|IHC-Fr||IHC-Fr: 1/400 - 1/1000.|
|Neutralising||Neut: 1/2 - 1/10.|
|WB||WB: 1/400 - 1/1000. Note: These dilutions are for the 500ul size.|
|IHC-P||IHC-P: 1/400 - 1/1000.|
- FunctionNerve growth factor is important for the development and maintenance of the sympathetic and sensory nervous systems. It stimulates division and differentiation of sympathetic and embryonic sensory neurons.
- Involvement in diseaseDefects in NGF are the cause of hereditary sensory and autonomic neuropathy type 5 (HSAN5) [MIM:608654]. The hereditary sensory and autonomic neuropathies are a genetically and clinically heterogeneous group of disorders characterized by degeneration of dorsal root and autonomic ganglion cells, and by sensory and/or autonomic abnormalities. HSAN5 patients manifest loss of pain perception and impaired temperature sensitivity, ulcers, and in some cases self-mutilation. The autonomic involvement is variable.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the NGF-beta family.
- Cellular localizationSecreted.
- Beta nerve growth factor antibodyBeta nerve growth factor precursor antibodyBeta NGF antibody
- Beta-nerve growth factor antibodyBeta-NGF antibodyHSAN5 antibodyMGC161426 antibodyMGC161428 antibodyNerve growth factor beta antibodyNerve growth factor beta polypeptide antibodyNerve growth factor beta subunit antibodyNGF antibodyNGF B antibodyNGF_HUMAN antibodyNGFB antibodyNID67 antibody
Anti-NGF antibody images
ab6198 at 1/1000 staining perfusion fixed rat brain tissue sections by IHC-Fr. The animals were pre-perfused with Tris buffer pH 10, followed by 4% paraformadehyde and 15% of a saturated solution of picric acid. The brains were post-fixed in the same fixative overnight, cryoprotected in 20% sucrose for 24 hours, frozen and cut with a cryostat. Free floating immunostaining was performed. An Alexa-Fluor ® 488 conjugated goat anti-rabbit antibody was used as the secondary.
The image shows the staining obtained with this antibody using direct fluorescence in rat cortical neurons, with two different magnifications of acquisition (X10 and X20).
References for Anti-NGF antibody (ab6198)
This product has been referenced in:
- Du T et al. HSV-1 gene expression from reactivated ganglia is disordered and concurrent with suppression of latency-associated transcript and miRNAs. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 108:18820-4 (2011). Functional Studies ; Mouse . Read more (PubMed: 22065742) »
- Nikolaev A et al. APP binds DR6 to trigger axon pruning and neuron death via distinct caspases. Nature 457:981-9 (2009). Read more (PubMed: 19225519) »