NIR Mitochondrial Membrane Potential Assay Kit (Microplate) (ab112150)
- Product nameNIR Mitochondrial Membrane Potential Assay Kit (Microplate)See all Mitochondrial Transmembrane Potential kits ...
- Tests5 x 96 well plate
- Sample typeAdherent cells, Suspension cells
- Product overview
ab112150 is designed to detect cell apoptosis by measuring the loss of the mitochondrial membrane potential. The collapse of mitochondrial membrane potential coincides with the opening of the mitochondrial permeability transition pores, leading to the release of cytochrome C into the cytosol, which in turn triggers other downstream events in the apoptotic cascade.
ab112150 NIR Mitochondria Membrane Potential Assay Kit provides all the essential components with an optimized assay method. This fluorometric assay uses our proprietary cationic MitoNIR Dye for the detection of the mitochondrial membrane potential change in cells. In normal cells, the red fluorescence intensity is increased when NIR Dye is accumulated in the mitochondria. However, in apoptotic cells, NIR stain intensity is decreased following the collapse of MMP. Cells stained with NIR Dye can be monitored fluorimetrically at Em = 660-680 nm with excitation at Ex = 620-640 nm.
ab112150 can be used for screening apoptosis activators and inhibitors. The assay can be performed in a convenient 96-well and 384-well fluorescence microtiter-plate format.
Visit our FAQs page for tips and troubleshooting.
Store ab112150 desiccated.
- Tested applicationsFunctional Studies more details
- Storage instructionsStore at -20°C. Please refer to protocols.
Components 5 x 96 tests Assay Buffer A 1 x 50ml Assay Buffer B 1 x 25ml MitoNIR Dye 1 x 250µl
- RelevanceMitochondrial Transmembrane Potential is an important parameter of mitochondrial function used as an indicator of cell death. The collapse of the mitochondrial transmembrane potential coincides with the opening of the mitochondrial permeability transition pores, leading to the release of cytochrome c into the cytosol, which in turn triggers other downstream events in the apoptotic cascade.
- mitochondrial membrane potential
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab112150 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
NIR Mitochondrial Membrane Potential Assay Kit (Microplate) images
The decrease in NIR fluorescence with the addition of FCCP in HeLa cells.
HeLa cells were dye loaded with NIR alone, or in the presence of 20 µM FCCP for 15 minutes. The fluorescence intensity of NIR was measured 30 minutes after adding Assay buffer B (Component C) with a microplate reader at Ex/Em = 640/680 nm (cut off 665 nm).
References for NIR Mitochondrial Membrane Potential Assay Kit (Microplate) (ab112150)
ab112150 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.