Anti-NKCC1 antibody (ab59791)
- Product nameAnti-NKCC1 antibodySee all NKCC1 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to NKCC1
- SpecificityThis antibody reacts specifically with human 132 kDa NKCC1 protein.
- Tested applicationsIHC-FoFr, WB, IHC-P, IHC-Fr more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Synthetic peptide derived from the N terminal region of human NKCC1.
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: None
Constituents: Whole serum
- PurityWhole antiserum
- Clonality Polyclonal
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab59791 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IHC-FoFr||IHC-FoFr: Use at an assay dependent dilution. PubMed: 21461058|
|WB||WB: 1/100 - 1/1000. Predicted molecular weight: 130 kDa.|
|IHC-P||IHC-P: Use a concentration of 5 µg/ml.|
|IHC-Fr||IHC-Fr: Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
- FunctionElectrically silent transporter system. Mediates sodium and chloride reabsorption. Plays a vital role in the regulation of ionic balance and cell volume.
- Tissue specificityExpressed in many tissues.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the SLC12A transporter family.
- Cellular localizationMembrane.
- Basolateral Na-K-Cl symporter antibody
- BSC antibody
- BSC2 antibody
- Bumetanide-sensitive sodium-(potassium)-chloride cotransporter 1 antibody
- mBSC2 antibody
- MGC104233 antibody
- NKCC1 antibody
- S12A2_HUMAN antibody
- SLC12A2 antibody
- sodium-potassium-chloride cotransporter 1 antibody
- solute carrier family 12 (sodium/potassium/chloride transporters) member 2 antibody
- Solute carrier family 12 member 2 antibody
- sy-ns antibody
Anti-NKCC1 antibody images
ab59791 staining NKCC1 in Rat brain stem tissue sections by Immunohistochemistry (IHC-P - paraformaldehyde-fixed, paraffin-embedded sections). Tissue was fixed with paraformaldehyde, permeabilized with 0.1% Trition and blocked with 5% BSA for 3 hours at 20°C; antigen retrieval was by heat mediation in a citrate sodium buffer. Samples were incubated with primary antibody (1/1000) for 15 hours at 4°C. An Alexa Fluor® 568-conjugated Goat anti-rabbit IgG polyclonal (1/500) was used as the secondary antibody.
IHC image of ab59791 staining in Human breast cancer formalin fixed paraffin embedded tissue section, performed on a Leica BondTM system using the standard protocol F. The section was pre-treated using heat mediated antigen retrieval with sodium citrate buffer (pH6, epitope retrieval solution 1) for 20 mins. The section was then incubated with ab59791, 5µg/ml, for 15 mins at room temperature and detected using an HRP conjugated compact polymer system. DAB was used as the chromogen. The section was then counterstained with haematoxylin and mounted with DPX.
For other IHC staining systems (automated and non-automated) customers should optimize variable parameters such as antigen retrieval conditions, primary antibody concentration and antibody incubation times.
References for Anti-NKCC1 antibody (ab59791)
This product has been referenced in:
- Arany S et al. Nanoparticle-mediated Gene Silencing Confers Radioprotection to Salivary Glands In Vivo. Mol Ther 21:1182-94 (2013). Mouse . Read more (PubMed: 23511246) »
- Murguía-Castillo J et al. NKCC1 and KCC2 protein expression is sexually dimorphic in the hippocampus and entorhinal cortex of neonatal rats. Neurosci Lett 552:52-7 (2013). WB . Read more (PubMed: 23932891) »