NNC 05-2090 (ab120317)
- Product nameNNC 05-2090
- DescriptionGABA uptake inhibitor
- Biological descriptionGABA uptake inhibitor, selective for the BGT-1 transporter (Ki values are 1.4, 19, 41 and 15 μM at BGT-1, GAT-1, GAT-2 and GAT-3 respectively). Also active at α1- and D2-receptors (IC50 values are 266 and 1632 nM respectively). Anti-convulsant in vivo.
- Purity> 99%
- Chemical name1-[3-(9H-Carbazol-9-yl)propyl]-4-(2-methoxyphenyl)-4-piperidinol hydrochloride
- Molecular Weight451.01
- Chemical structure
- Molecular formulaC27H30N2O2.HCl
- CAS Number184845-43-0
- PubChem identifier18782760
- Storage instructionsStore at room temperature (desiccating conditions).
- Solubility overviewSoluble in DMSO to 100 mM
Providing storage is as stated on the product vial and the vial is kept tightly sealed, the product can be stored for up to 6 months.
Wherever possible, you should prepare and use solutions on the same day. However, if you need to make up stock solutions in advance, we recommend that you store the solution as aliquots in tightly sealed vials at -20°C. Generally, these will be useable for up to one month. Before use, and prior to opening the vial we recommend that you allow your product to equilibrate to room temperature for at least 1 hour.
References for NNC 05-2090 (ab120317)
This product has been referenced in:
- Thomsen C et al. 1-(3-(9H-carbazol-9-yl)-1-propyl)-4-(2-methoxyphenyl)-4-piperidinol, a novel subtype selective inhibitor of the mouse type II GABA-transporter. Br J Pharmacol 120:983-5 (1997). Read more (PubMed: 9134205) »
- Dalby NO et al. Anticonvulsant properties of two GABA uptake inhibitors NNC 05-2045 and NNC 05-2090, not acting preferentially on GAT-1. Epilepsy Res 28:51-61 (1997). Read more (PubMed: 9255599) »