Anti-nNOS (neuronal) antibody (ab3511)
- Product nameAnti-nNOS (neuronal) antibodySee all nNOS (neuronal) primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to nNOS (neuronal)
- SpecificityDetects nNOS from bovine, mouse, rabbit and rat tissues. This antibody does not detect endothelial NOS (eNOS) or inducible NOS (iNOS).
- Tested applicationsICC/IF, IP, IHC-Fr, WB more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Rabbit, Cow
Synthetic peptide: TKRRAIGFKKLAEAVK-C, corresponding to amino acids 724-739 of Rat nNOS (neuronal).
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPBS with 0.05% sodium azide
- PurityWhole antiserum
- Clonality Polyclonal
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab3511 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|ICC/IF||ICC/IF: Use at an assay dependent concentration. PubMed: 22872659|
|IP||IP: Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
- FunctionProduces nitric oxide (NO) which is a messenger molecule with diverse functions throughout the body. In the brain and peripheral nervous system, NO displays many properties of a neurotransmitter. Probably has nitrosylase activity and mediates cysteine S-nitrosylation of cytoplasmic target proteins such SRR.
- Tissue specificityIsoform 1 is ubiquitously expressed: detected in skeletal muscle and brain, also in testis, lung and kidney, and at low levels in heart, adrenal gland and retina. Not detected in the platelets. Isoform 3 is expressed only in testis. Isoform 4 is detected in testis, skeletal muscle, lung, and kidney, at low levels in the brain, but not in the heart and adrenal gland.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the NOS family.
Contains 1 FAD-binding FR-type domain.
Contains 1 flavodoxin-like domain.
Contains 1 PDZ (DHR) domain.
- DomainThe PDZ domain in the N-terminal part of the neuronal isoform participates in protein-protein interaction, and is responsible for targeting nNos to synaptic membranes in muscles. Mediates interaction with VAC14.
modificationsUbiquitinated; mediated by STUB1/CHIP in the presence of Hsp70 and Hsp40 (in vitro).
- Cellular localizationCell membrane > sarcolemma. Cell projection > dendritic spine. In skeletal muscle, it is localized beneath the sarcolemma of fast-twitch muscle fiber by associating with the dystrophin glycoprotein complex. In neurons, enriched in dendritic spines.
- 2310005C01Rik antibodybNOS antibodyConstitutive NOS antibody
- EC 188.8.131.52 antibodyIHPS 1 antibodyIHPS1 antibodyN NOS antibodyN-NOS antibodyNC NOS antibodyNC-NOS antibodyNCNOS antibodyneuronal Nitric Oxide Synthase antibodyNeuronal NOS antibodyNitric oxide synthase , neuronal, included antibodyNitric oxide synthase 1 (neuronal) antibodyNitric oxide synthase 1 antibodyNitric oxide synthase brain antibodyNitric oxide synthase, brain antibodyNitric oxide synthase, penile neuronal, included antibodynNOS antibodyNO antibodyNOS 1 antibodyNOS antibodyNOS type I antibodyNOS-I antibodyNOS1 antibodyNOS1_HUMAN antibodyPeptidyl-cysteine S-nitrosylase NOS1 antibody
Anti-nNOS (neuronal) antibody images
ab3511 at 1/800 dilution staining nNOS (neuronal) in rat brain tissue section by immunohistochemistry (Frozen sections).