Anti-nNOS (neuronal) antibody (ab3511)
- Product nameAnti-nNOS (neuronal) antibodySee all nNOS (neuronal) primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to nNOS (neuronal)
- SpecificityDetects nNOS from bovine, mouse, rabbit and rat tissues. This antibody does not detect endothelial NOS (eNOS) or inducible NOS (iNOS).
- Tested applicationsICC/IF, IP, IHC-Fr, WB, IHC-P more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Rabbit, Cow
Synthetic peptide: TKRRAIGFKKLAEAVK-C, corresponding to amino acids 724-739 of Rat nNOS (neuronal).
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPBS with 0.05% sodium azide
- PurityWhole antiserum
- Clonality Polyclonal
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab3511 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|ICC/IF||ICC/IF: Use at an assay dependent concentration. PubMed: 22872659|
|IP||IP: Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
|IHC-P||IHC-P: 1/200 - 1/400.|
- FunctionProduces nitric oxide (NO) which is a messenger molecule with diverse functions throughout the body. In the brain and peripheral nervous system, NO displays many properties of a neurotransmitter. Probably has nitrosylase activity and mediates cysteine S-nitrosylation of cytoplasmic target proteins such SRR.
- Tissue specificityIsoform 1 is ubiquitously expressed: detected in skeletal muscle and brain, also in testis, lung and kidney, and at low levels in heart, adrenal gland and retina. Not detected in the platelets. Isoform 3 is expressed only in testis. Isoform 4 is detected in testis, skeletal muscle, lung, and kidney, at low levels in the brain, but not in the heart and adrenal gland.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the NOS family.
Contains 1 FAD-binding FR-type domain.
Contains 1 flavodoxin-like domain.
Contains 1 PDZ (DHR) domain.
- DomainThe PDZ domain in the N-terminal part of the neuronal isoform participates in protein-protein interaction, and is responsible for targeting nNos to synaptic membranes in muscles. Mediates interaction with VAC14.
modificationsUbiquitinated; mediated by STUB1/CHIP in the presence of Hsp70 and Hsp40 (in vitro).
- Cellular localizationCell membrane > sarcolemma. Cell projection > dendritic spine. In skeletal muscle, it is localized beneath the sarcolemma of fast-twitch muscle fiber by associating with the dystrophin glycoprotein complex. In neurons, enriched in dendritic spines.
- 2310005C01Rik antibody
- bNOS antibody
- Constitutive NOS antibody
- EC 18.104.22.168 antibody
- IHPS 1 antibody
- IHPS1 antibody
- N NOS antibody
- N-NOS antibody
- NC NOS antibody
- NC-NOS antibody
- NCNOS antibody
- neuronal Nitric Oxide Synthase antibody
- Neuronal NOS antibody
- Nitric oxide synthase , neuronal, included antibody
- Nitric oxide synthase 1 (neuronal) antibody
- Nitric oxide synthase 1 antibody
- Nitric oxide synthase brain antibody
- Nitric oxide synthase, brain antibody
- Nitric oxide synthase, penile neuronal, included antibody
- nNOS antibody
- NO antibody
- NOS 1 antibody
- NOS antibody
- NOS type I antibody
- NOS-I antibody
- NOS1 antibody
- NOS1_HUMAN antibody
- Peptidyl-cysteine S-nitrosylase NOS1 antibody
Anti-nNOS (neuronal) antibody images
Immunohistochemistry was performed on normal biopsies of deparaffinized Rat cerebellum tissue. To expose target proteins heat induced antigen retrieval was performed using 10mM sodium citrate (pH6.0) buffer and microwaved for 8-15 minutes. Following antigen retrieval tissues were blocked in 3% BSA-PBS for 30 minutes at room temperature. Tissues were then probed at a dilution of 1:200 with a Rabbit Polyclonal Antibody recognizing nNOS (ab3511 ) or without primary antibody (negative control) overnight at 4�C in a humidified chamber. Tissues were washed extensively with PBST and endogenous peroxidase activity was quenched with a peroxidase suppressor. Detection was performed using a biotin-conjugated secondary antibody and SA-HRP followed by colorimetric detection using DAB. Tissues were counterstained with hematoxylin and prepped for mounting.
Western blot analysis of nNOS was performed by loading 40 ?g of Mouse (Lane 1) and Rat Brain (Lane 2) tissue lysate onto a 4-12% Bis-Tris polyacrylamide gel. Proteins were transferred to a Nitrocellulose membrane. Membranes were probed with a rabbit polyclonal antibody (ab3511) recognizing nNOS at a dilution of 1:1000.
ab3511 at 1/800 dilution staining nNOS (neuronal) in rat brain tissue section by immunohistochemistry (Frozen sections).
References for Anti-nNOS (neuronal) antibody (ab3511)
This product has been referenced in:
- Evers J et al. Is there a nitrergic modulation of the rat external anal sphincter? Exp Physiol 98:397-404 (2013). ICC/IF ; Rat . Read more (PubMed: 22872659) »
- Sastre E et al. Opposite effect of mast cell stabilizers ketotifen and tranilast on the vasoconstrictor response to electrical field stimulation in rat mesenteric artery. PLoS One 8:e73232 (2013). WB . Read more (PubMed: 23977380) »