Anti-NSE antibody (ab39369)
- Product nameAnti-NSE antibodySee all NSE primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionChicken polyclonal to NSE
- Tested applicationsIHC-Fr, IHC-P, ICC, WB more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Synthetic peptide corresponding to a region of the NSE gene product shared between the rat (AAA41119, NCBI) and human (NP_001966, NCBI) gene products.
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.02% Sodium Azide
Constituents: PBS (10mM isotonic 0.9% w/v), pH 7.2
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Clonality Polyclonal
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab39369 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IHC-Fr||IHC-Fr: Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
|IHC-P||IHC-P: Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
|ICC||ICC: 1/100 - 1/200.|
|WB||WB: 1/250 - 1/100. Predicted molecular weight: 47 kDa.|
- FunctionHas neurotrophic and neuroprotective properties on a broad spectrum of central nervous system (CNS) neurons. Binds, in a calcium-dependent manner, to cultured neocortical neurons and promotes cell survival.
- Tissue specificityThe alpha/alpha homodimer is expressed in embryo and in most adult tissues. The alpha/beta heterodimer and the beta/beta homodimer are found in striated muscle, and the alpha/gamma heterodimer and the gamma/gamma homodimer in neurons.
- PathwayCarbohydrate degradation; glycolysis; pyruvate from D-glyceraldehyde 3-phosphate: step 4/5.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the enolase family.
- Developmental stageDuring ontogenesis, there is a transition from the alpha/alpha homodimer to the alpha/beta heterodimer in striated muscle cells, and to the alpha/gamma heterodimer in nerve cells.
- Cellular localizationCytoplasm. Cell membrane. Can translocate to the plasma membrane in either the homodimeric (alpha/alpha) or heterodimeric (alpha/gamma) form.
- 2 phospho D glycerate hydrolyase antibody
- 2-phospho-D-glycerate hydro-lyase antibody
- Eno 2 antibody
- Eno2 antibody
- ENOG antibody
- ENOG_HUMAN antibody
- Enolase 2 antibody
- Enolase 2 gamma neuronal antibody
- Enolase2 antibody
- Gamma enolase antibody
- Gamma-enolase antibody
- Neural enolase antibody
- Neuron specific enolase antibody
- Neuron specific gamma enolase antibody
- Neuron-specific enolase antibody
- Neurone specific enolase antibody
- NSE antibody
Anti-NSE antibody images
Dissociated cell cultures of neonatal mouse brains, showing NSE (green staining) in neurons.These cultures were counter-stained with a rabbit anti-GFAP to localize astrocytes, as well as with DAPI (blue staining) to localize nuclei.
References for Anti-NSE antibody (ab39369)
This product has been referenced in:
- Kuo YC et al. Capillary electrophoresis of bone marrow stromal cells with uptake of heparin-functionalized poly(lactide-co-glycolide) nanoparticles during differentiation towards neurons. Electrophoresis 31:315-23 (2010). ICC/IF ; Rat . Read more (PubMed: 20084630) »
- Belsham DD et al. Ciliary neurotrophic factor recruitment of glucagon-like peptide-1 mediates neurogenesis, allowing immortalization of adult murine hypothalamic neurons. FASEB J : (2009). ICC/IF ; Mouse . Read more (PubMed: 19703933) »