Anti-NSE antibody (ab64721)
- Product nameAnti-NSE antibodySee all NSE primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to NSE
- Tested applicationsWB, ICC/IF more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Rat, Human
Recombinant full length human NSE purified from E. coli.
- Positive controlRat spinal cord or human embryonic kidney cells line 293.
- General notesThe total protein content in serum: about 60mg/ml.
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 10mM Sodium Azide
Constituents: Whole serum
- PurityWhole antiserum
- Clonality Polyclonal
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab64721 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||WB: 1/2000. Detects a band of approximately 47 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 47 kDa).|
|ICC/IF||ICC/IF: 1/500. For optimal signal, fix with 3.7% formalin in PBS for one minute followed by 100% cold (-20C) methanol for one minute.|
- FunctionHas neurotrophic and neuroprotective properties on a broad spectrum of central nervous system (CNS) neurons. Binds, in a calcium-dependent manner, to cultured neocortical neurons and promotes cell survival.
- Tissue specificityThe alpha/alpha homodimer is expressed in embryo and in most adult tissues. The alpha/beta heterodimer and the beta/beta homodimer are found in striated muscle, and the alpha/gamma heterodimer and the gamma/gamma homodimer in neurons.
- PathwayCarbohydrate degradation; glycolysis; pyruvate from D-glyceraldehyde 3-phosphate: step 4/5.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the enolase family.
- Developmental stageDuring ontogenesis, there is a transition from the alpha/alpha homodimer to the alpha/beta heterodimer in striated muscle cells, and to the alpha/gamma heterodimer in nerve cells.
- Cellular localizationCytoplasm. Cell membrane. Can translocate to the plasma membrane in either the homodimeric (alpha/alpha) or heterodimeric (alpha/gamma) form.
- 2 phospho D glycerate hydrolyase antibody2-phospho-D-glycerate hydro-lyase antibodyEno 2 antibody
- Eno2 antibodyENOG antibodyENOG_HUMAN antibodyEnolase 2 antibodyEnolase 2 gamma neuronal antibodyEnolase2 antibodyGamma enolase antibodyGamma-enolase antibodyNeural enolase antibodyNeuron specific enolase antibodyNeuron specific gamma enolase antibodyNeuron-specific enolase antibodyNeurone specific enolase antibodyNSE antibody
Anti-NSE antibody images
Anti-NSE antibody (ab64721) at 1/2000 dilution + Rat spinal cord
Predicted band size : 47 kDa
Observed band size : 47 kDa
Immunofluorescent staining of human embryonic kidney cell line 293 by ab64721 (1:500). Hek293 expresses many neuronal proteins.
The red channel shows staining with ab64721, which recognizes all of these 293 cells. The green channels shows staining for another neuronal marker with a monoclonal antibody to ubiquitin C-terminal hydrolase 1 (UCHL1), ab64722. This neuronal gene is apparently activated in a cell density dependent fashion and at this stage only a few cells express this protein. However all cells that express NSE also express UCHL1.
References for Anti-NSE antibody (ab64721)
ab64721 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.