Anti-Nanog antibody [1E6C4] (ab76586)
- Product nameAnti-Nanog antibody [1E6C4]See all Nanog primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionMouse monoclonal [1E6C4] to Nanog
- Tested applicationsWB, ELISA, Sandwich ELISA more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Trx-tagged recombinant fragment, corresponding to amino acids 20-166 of Human Nanog expressed in E.Coli strain BL21 (DE3)
- Positive control
- Nanog-transfected CHO-K1 cells lysate.
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.03% Sodium Azide
- Concentration information loading...
- Clonality Monoclonal
- Clone number1E6C4
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab76586 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||WB: 1/500 - 1/2000. Predicted molecular weight: 35 kDa.|
|Sandwich ELISA||sELISA: Use a concentration of 0.2 µg/ml. Can be paired for Sandwich ELISA with Rabbit polyclonal to Nanog - ChIP Grade (ab21624). For sandwich ELISA, use this antibody as Capture at 0.2 µg/ml with Rabbit polyclonal to Nanog - ChIP Grade (ab21624) as Detection.|
- FunctionTranscription regulator involved in inner cell mass and embryonic stem (ES) cells proliferation and self-renewal. Imposes pluripotency on ES cells and prevents their differentiation towards extraembryonic endoderm and trophectoderm lineages. Blocks bone morphogenetic protein-induced mesoderm differentiation of ES cells by physically interacting with SMAD1 and interfering with the recruitment of coactivators to the active SMAD transcriptional complexes (By similarity). Acts as a transcriptional activator or repressor (By similarity). Binds optimally to the DNA consensus sequence 5'-TAAT[GT][GT]-3' or 5'-[CG][GA][CG]C[GC]ATTAN[GC]-3' (By similarity). When overexpressed, promotes cells to enter into S phase and proliferation.
- Tissue specificityExpressed in testicular carcinoma and derived germ cell tumors (at protein level). Expressed in fetal gonads, ovary and testis. Also expressed in ovary teratocarcinoma cell line and testicular embryonic carcinoma. Not expressed in many somatic organs and oocytes.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the Nanog homeobox family.
Contains 1 homeobox DNA-binding domain.
- Developmental stageExpressed in embryonic stem (ES) and carcinoma (EC) cells. Expressed in inner cell mass (ICM) of the blastocyst and gonocytes between 14 and 19 weeks of gestation (at protein level). Not expressed in oocytes, unfertilized oocytes, 2-16 cell embryos and early morula (at protein level). Expressed in embryonic stem cells (ES). Expression decreases with ES differentiation.
- Cellular localizationNucleus.
- Embryonic stem cell specific homeobox protein (Nanog) antibody
- ENK antibody
- FLJ12581 antibody
- FLJ40451 antibody
- hNanog antibody
- Homeobox protein NANOG antibody
- Homeobox transcription factor Nanog antibody
- NANOG antibody
- Nanog homeobox antibody
- NANOG_HUMAN antibody
Anti-Nanog antibody [1E6C4] images
All lanes : Anti-Nanog antibody [1E6C4] (ab76586) at 1/500 dilution
Lane 1 : Lysate from CHO-K1 cells transfected with truncated Trx-tagged Nanog (aa 20-166)
Lane 2 : Lysate from CHO-K1 cells transfected with GST-tagged truncated Nanog (aa 20-166)
Lane 3 : Lysate from CHO-K1 cells transfected with full length (aa 1-305) Nanog-hIgGFc
Predicted band size : 35 kDa
References for Anti-Nanog antibody [1E6C4] (ab76586)
ab76586 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.