Anti-Nanog antibody - ChIP Grade (ab21624)
- Product nameAnti-Nanog antibody - ChIP GradeSee all Nanog primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Nanog - ChIP Grade
- Tested applicationsIHC-P, ICC, Flow Cyt, ICC/IF, WB, Sandwich ELISA, ChIP more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Does not react withMouse
Synthetic peptide: CGPEENYPSLQMSSAEMPHTE, corresponding to amino acids 29-49 of Human Nanog.
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.1% Sodium Azide
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Clonality Polyclonal
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab21624 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IHC-P||IHC-P: Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
|ICC||ICC: 1/150 - 1/700.|
|Flow Cyt||Flow Cyt: Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
|WB||WB: 1/300 - 1/2000. Detects a band of approximately 38 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 34 kDa). Some users report a stronger signal after blocking and diluting antibodies with 1% BSA instead of 5% milk.|
|Sandwich ELISA||sELISA: Use a concentration of 0.5 µg/ml. Can be paired for Sandwich ELISA with Mouse monoclonal [1E6C4] to Nanog (ab76586). For sandwich ELISA, use this antibody as Detection at 0.5 µg/ml with Mouse monoclonal [1E6C4] to Nanog (ab76586) as Capture.|
|ChIP||ChIP: Use at an assay dependent dilution. PubMed: 18710938|
- FunctionTranscription regulator involved in inner cell mass and embryonic stem (ES) cells proliferation and self-renewal. Imposes pluripotency on ES cells and prevents their differentiation towards extraembryonic endoderm and trophectoderm lineages. Blocks bone morphogenetic protein-induced mesoderm differentiation of ES cells by physically interacting with SMAD1 and interfering with the recruitment of coactivators to the active SMAD transcriptional complexes (By similarity). Acts as a transcriptional activator or repressor (By similarity). Binds optimally to the DNA consensus sequence 5'-TAAT[GT][GT]-3' or 5'-[CG][GA][CG]C[GC]ATTAN[GC]-3' (By similarity). When overexpressed, promotes cells to enter into S phase and proliferation.
- Tissue specificityExpressed in testicular carcinoma and derived germ cell tumors (at protein level). Expressed in fetal gonads, ovary and testis. Also expressed in ovary teratocarcinoma cell line and testicular embryonic carcinoma. Not expressed in many somatic organs and oocytes.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the Nanog homeobox family.
Contains 1 homeobox DNA-binding domain.
- Developmental stageExpressed in embryonic stem (ES) and carcinoma (EC) cells. Expressed in inner cell mass (ICM) of the blastocyst and gonocytes between 14 and 19 weeks of gestation (at protein level). Not expressed in oocytes, unfertilized oocytes, 2-16 cell embryos and early morula (at protein level). Expressed in embryonic stem cells (ES). Expression decreases with ES differentiation.
- Cellular localizationNucleus.
- Embryonic stem cell specific homeobox protein (Nanog) antibodyENK antibodyhNanog antibody
- Homeobox protein NANOG antibodyHomeobox transcription factor Nanog antibodyNANOG antibodyNanog homeobox antibodyNANOG_HUMAN antibody
Anti-Nanog antibody - ChIP Grade images
ab21624 at a 1/1000 dilution staining Nanog in human embryonic stem cells by ICC. An antibody towards Oct4, which has an identical staining pattern to ab21624, was used as a positive control.
All lanes : Anti-Nanog antibody - ChIP Grade (ab21624) at 1/1000 dilution
Lane 1 : whole cell extract of mouse 3T3 cells expressing mouse Nanog.
Lane 2 : whole cell extract of mouse 3T3 cells expressing human Nanog.
Predicted band size : 34 kDa
Observed band size : 38 kDa (why is the actual band size different from the predicted?)
ab21624 staining Nanog in Human testis tissue sections by Immunohistochemistry (IHC-P - paraformaldehyde-fixed, paraffin-embedded sections). Tissue was fixed with paraformaldehyde and blocked with 10% serum for 1 hour at 20°C; antigen retrieval was by heat mediation with a citrate buffer (pH6). Samples were incubated with primary antibody (1/500 in PBS) for 12 hours at 4°C. A Biotin-conjugated Goat anti-rabbit polyclonal (1/200) was used as the secondary antibody.
References for Anti-Nanog antibody - ChIP Grade (ab21624)
This product has been referenced in:
- Cioffi M et al. EpCAM/CD3-Bispecific T-cell engaging antibody MT110 eliminates primary human pancreatic cancer stem cells. Clin Cancer Res 18:465-74 (2012). WB ; Human . Read more (PubMed: 22096026) »
- Liu GH et al. Recapitulation of premature ageing with iPSCs from Hutchinson-Gilford progeria syndrome. Nature 472:221-5 (2011). ICC/IF ; Human . Read more (PubMed: 21346760) »