Anti-Nanog antibody (ab77095)
- Product nameAnti-Nanog antibodySee all Nanog primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionGoat polyclonal to Nanog
- Tested applicationsWB, ICC/IF more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human, Pig
Predicted to work with: Dog
Does not react withMouse
Synthetic peptide: QNQRMKSKRWQKNN by a Cysteine residue linker, corresponding to internal sequence amino acids 144-157 of Human Nanog
- Positive controlInduced pluriform stem cells derived from human keratinocytes. Human ovary lysate.
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferpH: 7.30
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Constituents: 0.5% BSA, 99% Tris buffered saline
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Purification notesPurified from goat serum by ammonium sulphate precipitation followed by antigen affinity chromatography using the immunizing peptide.
- Clonality Polyclonal
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab77095 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||WB: Use a concentration of 0.03 - 0.1 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 38 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 35 kDa).|
|ICC/IF||ICC/IF: Use a concentration of 5 µg/ml.|
- FunctionTranscription regulator involved in inner cell mass and embryonic stem (ES) cells proliferation and self-renewal. Imposes pluripotency on ES cells and prevents their differentiation towards extraembryonic endoderm and trophectoderm lineages. Blocks bone morphogenetic protein-induced mesoderm differentiation of ES cells by physically interacting with SMAD1 and interfering with the recruitment of coactivators to the active SMAD transcriptional complexes (By similarity). Acts as a transcriptional activator or repressor (By similarity). Binds optimally to the DNA consensus sequence 5'-TAAT[GT][GT]-3' or 5'-[CG][GA][CG]C[GC]ATTAN[GC]-3' (By similarity). When overexpressed, promotes cells to enter into S phase and proliferation.
- Tissue specificityExpressed in testicular carcinoma and derived germ cell tumors (at protein level). Expressed in fetal gonads, ovary and testis. Also expressed in ovary teratocarcinoma cell line and testicular embryonic carcinoma. Not expressed in many somatic organs and oocytes.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the Nanog homeobox family.
Contains 1 homeobox DNA-binding domain.
- Developmental stageExpressed in embryonic stem (ES) and carcinoma (EC) cells. Expressed in inner cell mass (ICM) of the blastocyst and gonocytes between 14 and 19 weeks of gestation (at protein level). Not expressed in oocytes, unfertilized oocytes, 2-16 cell embryos and early morula (at protein level). Expressed in embryonic stem cells (ES). Expression decreases with ES differentiation.
- Cellular localizationNucleus.
- Embryonic stem cell specific homeobox protein (Nanog) antibodyENK antibodyFLJ12581 antibody
- FLJ40451 antibodyhNanog antibodyHomeobox protein NANOG antibodyHomeobox transcription factor Nanog antibodyNANOG antibodyNanog homeobox antibodyNANOG_HUMAN antibody
Anti-Nanog antibody images
Anti-Nanog antibody (ab77095) at 0.1 µg/ml + Human ovary lysate at 35 µg
developed using the ECL technique
Predicted band size : 35 kDa
Observed band size : 38 kDa (why is the actual band size different from the predicted?)
Immunofluorescence staining of a colony of induced pluriform stem cells derived from human keratinocytes labelled with ab77095 at 5µg/ml (green staining).
References for Anti-Nanog antibody (ab77095)
This product has been referenced in:
- Montserrat N et al. Simple generation of human induced pluripotent stem cells using poly-beta-amino esters as the non-viral gene delivery system. J Biol Chem 286:12417-28 (2011). ICC/IF . Read more (PubMed: 21285354) »