Anti-Nestin antibody [10C2] (ab22035)
- Product nameAnti-Nestin antibody [10C2]See all Nestin primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionMouse monoclonal [10C2] to Nestin
- SpecificityReacts exclusively with human nestin protein.
- Tested applicationsICC/IF, IHC-Fr, IHC-P, WB more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
A recombinant 150 amino acid fragment from human Nestin conjugated to glutathione S transferase.
- General notesOnce thawed refrigerate. Do not refreeze.
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.09% Sodium Azide
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityProtein G purified
- Clonality Monoclonal
- Clone number10C2
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab22035 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|ICC/IF||ICC/IF: 1/1000. PubMed: 191475021/1000.|
|IHC-Fr||IHC-Fr: 1/100 - 1/200.|
|IHC-P||IHC-P: Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
|WB||WB: 1/500 - 1/2500. Predicted molecular weight: 176 kDa. 1/1000 - 1/5000 using chemiluminescent detection. Predicted molecular weight: 176 kDa.|
- FunctionRequired for brain and eye development. Promotes the disassembly of phosphorylated vimentin intermediate filaments (IF) during mitosis and may play a role in the trafficking and distribution of IF proteins and other cellular factors to daughter cells during progenitor cell division. Required for survival, renewal and mitogen-stimulated proliferation of neural progenitor cells.
- Tissue specificityCNS stem cells.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the intermediate filament family.
- Developmental stageUpon terminal neural differentiation, nestin is down-regulated and replaced by neurofilaments.
modificationsConstitutively phosphorylated. This increases during mitosis when the cytoplasmic intermediate filament network is reorganized.
- ESTM 46 antibodyFLJ 21841 antibodyFLJ21841 antibody
- Intermediate filament protein antibodyNbla00170 antibodyNes antibodyNEST_HUMAN antibodyNestin antibody
Anti-Nestin antibody [10C2] images
ab22035 staining human brain tissue cells by ICC/IF. Cells were PFA fixed and permeabilized in Triton X-100 prior to blocking in 1% BSA for 30 minutes at 21°C. The primary antibody was diluted 1/100 and incubated with the samples for 1 hour at 21°C. A FITC conjugated goat anti-mouse IgG antibody, diluted 1/250, was used as the secondary.
Lane 1 : Anti-Nestin antibody [10C2] (ab22035) at 1/1000 dilution
Lane 2 : Anti-Nestin antibody [10C2] (ab22035)
Lane 1 : U251 cells at 10 µl
Lane 2 : U251 cells at 20 µl
Predicted band size : 176 kDa
Exposure time : 60 seconds
References for Anti-Nestin antibody [10C2] (ab22035)
This product has been referenced in:
- Xu DS et al. Neuronatin in a subset of glioblastoma multiforme tumor progenitor cells is associated with increased cell proliferation and shorter patient survival. PLoS One 7:e37811 (2012). WB . Read more (PubMed: 22624064) »
- Jouhilahti EM et al. The development of cutaneous neurofibromas. Am J Pathol 178:500-5 (2011). IHC-P ; Human . Read more (PubMed: 21281783) »