Anti-Nestin antibody [2Q178] - Neural Stem Cell Marker (ab6142)
- Product nameAnti-Nestin antibody [2Q178] - Neural Stem Cell MarkerSee all Nestin primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionMouse monoclonal [2Q178] to Nestin - Neural Stem Cell Marker
- Tested applicationsICC/IF, Electron Microscopy, Flow Cyt, IHC-FoFr, IHC-P, IHC-Fr, WB more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat
Does not react withSheep, Cat, Human, Monkey
Full length native Nestin protein purified from embryonic rat spinal cord.
- Positive controlMouse or Rat embryonic brain.
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.09% Sodium Azide
Constituents: 50% Glycerol, PBS, pH 7.2
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Clonality Monoclonal
- Clone number2Q178
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab6142 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|ICC/IF||ICC/IF: 1/20 - 1/200. Cells fixed with 4% paraformaldehyde buffered with 50mM sodium borate at pH 9.5.|
|Electron Microscopy||EM: Use a concentration of 0.1 - 1 µg/ml. Tissue fixed with 4% paraformaldehyde at pH 10.0 or 4% paraformaldehyde with 0.1% glutaraldehyde at pH 7.4.|
|Flow Cyt||Flow Cyt: Use at an assay dependent dilution. PubMed: 21092738|
|IHC-FoFr||IHC-FoFr: Use at an assay dependent dilution. PubMed: 18562299|
|IHC-P||IHC-P: Use a concentration of 0.1 - 1 µg/ml. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval before commencing with IHC staining protocol. Tissue fixed with 4% paraformaldehyde at pH 7.4 for light microscopy.|
|IHC-Fr||IHC-Fr: Use a concentration of 0.1 - 1 µg/ml. Tissue fixed with 4% paraformaldehyde at pH 7.4 for light microscopy.|
|WB||WB: Use at an assay dependent dilution. Predicted molecular weight: 200 kDa. Block with milk or BSA but do not dilute primary antibody in buffer containing milk.|
- FunctionRequired for brain and eye development. Promotes the disassembly of phosphorylated vimentin intermediate filaments (IF) during mitosis and may play a role in the trafficking and distribution of IF proteins and other cellular factors to daughter cells during progenitor cell division. Required for survival, renewal and mitogen-stimulated proliferation of neural progenitor cells.
- Tissue specificityCNS stem cells.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the intermediate filament family.
- Developmental stageUpon terminal neural differentiation, nestin is down-regulated and replaced by neurofilaments.
modificationsConstitutively phosphorylated. This increases during mitosis when the cytoplasmic intermediate filament network is reorganized.
- ESTM 46 antibodyFLJ 21841 antibodyFLJ21841 antibody
- Intermediate filament protein antibodyNbla00170 antibodynes antibodyNEST_HUMAN antibodyNestin antibody
Anti-Nestin antibody [2Q178] - Neural Stem Cell Marker images
ab6142 at 1/500 dilution staining Nestin in rat brain tissue (green) by immunohistochemistry (frozen sections). Sections were methanol fixed, permeabilized in 0.1% Triton X-100 prior to blocking in 2.5% BSA for 16 hours at 4°C and then incubated with ab6142, for 1 hour at 37°C. Alexa fluor® 680 goat polyclonal to mouse Ig, diluted 1/1000 was used as the secondary antibody.
ab6142 staining adult mouse brain tissue section by Immunohistochemistry (Formalin/PFA-fixed, paraffin embedded sections). Tissue underwent fixation in paraformaldehyde, heat mediated antigen retrieval in Sodium Citrate, permeabilization in 1% Triton buffer and blocking in 10% serum for 1 hour at 25°C. The primary antibody, diluted 1/200 (PBS, 2% Donkey serum, 0.2% Triton) for 16 hours at 4°C. An Alexa Fluor® 488 conjugated donkey polyclonal to mouse Ig, diluted 1/500 was used as the secondary.
ab6142 at 1/200 dilution staining Nestin in mouse Cor1 neural stem cells by Immunocytochemistry/ Immunofluorescence. Cells were fixed using 4%PFA for 15mins at RT. After x3 PBS rinses over 15mins, cells were blocked/permeabilised using primary Antibody dilution buffer for 15mins befpre application of primary Ab diluted in same buffer. Secondary conjugate was diluted in same buffer, with addition of 1/10K Hoechst, to stain nuclei. After 60mins cells were rinsed x3 over 15mins before coverslipping using Mowiol containing DABCO and azide.
ab6142 staining mouse embryonic stem cells by immunocytochemistry/ immunofluorescence. Cells were PFA fixed and permeabilized in 0.4% Triton X-100 prior to blocking in 5% serum for 1 hour at 25°C. The primary antibody was diluted 1/500 and incubated with the sample for 20 hours at 4°C. Alexa fluor® 568 goat polyclonal to mouse Ig, diluted 1/400, was used as the secondary antibody.
References for Anti-Nestin antibody [2Q178] - Neural Stem Cell Marker (ab6142)
This product has been referenced in:
- Blackmore DG et al. Growth hormone responsive neural precursor cells reside within the adult mammalian brain. Sci Rep 2:250 (2012). ICC/IF ; Mouse . Read more (PubMed: 22355762) »
- Meng X et al. PI3K mediated electrotaxis of embryonic and adult neural progenitor cells in the presence of growth factors. Exp Neurol 227:210-7 (2011). ICC/IF, Flow Cyt . Read more (PubMed: 21092738) »