Anti-Nestin antibody [3k1] - Neural Stem Cell Marker (ab6320)
- Product nameAnti-Nestin antibody [3k1] - Neural Stem Cell MarkerSee all Nestin primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionMouse monoclonal [3k1] to Nestin - Neural Stem Cell Marker
- SpecificityBased on the result of immunocytochemistry on mouse and rat neural stem cells, this antibody has no reactivity with rodent Nestin.
- Tested applicationsIHC-Fr, IHC - Wholemount, ICC, Flow Cyt, ELISA, WB, IP more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Does not react withMouse, Rat
Nestin-transfected NS0 cells transfected with a human Nestin fragment aa residues 618-1618.
- Positive controlHuman neural progenitors and A172 cells.
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.09% Sodium Azide
Constituents: 50% Glycerol, PBS, pH 7.2
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityProtein G purified
- Clonality Monoclonal
- Clone number3k1
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab6320 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IHC-Fr||IHC-Fr: Use a concentration of 0.1 µg/ml. When using aldehyde-based fixative, use at a concentration of 5 µg/ml (see Abreview).|
|IHC - Wholemount||IHC - Wmt: Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
|ICC||ICC: Use a concentration of 5 - 10 µg/ml. Tested in human neural progenitors and A172 cells. Cells were fixed with 4% paraformaldehyde and 0.15% picric acid in PBS at RT for 20 min.|
|Flow Cyt||Flow Cyt: Use a concentration of 25 µg/ml. Fix and permeabilize cells.|
|ELISA||ELISA: Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
|WB||WB: Use at an assay dependent dilution. Predicted molecular weight: 200 kDa.|
|IP||IP: Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
- FunctionRequired for brain and eye development. Promotes the disassembly of phosphorylated vimentin intermediate filaments (IF) during mitosis and may play a role in the trafficking and distribution of IF proteins and other cellular factors to daughter cells during progenitor cell division. Required for survival, renewal and mitogen-stimulated proliferation of neural progenitor cells.
- Tissue specificityCNS stem cells.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the intermediate filament family.
- Developmental stageUpon terminal neural differentiation, nestin is down-regulated and replaced by neurofilaments.
modificationsConstitutively phosphorylated. This increases during mitosis when the cytoplasmic intermediate filament network is reorganized.
- ESTM 46 antibodyFLJ 21841 antibodyFLJ21841 antibody
- Intermediate filament protein antibodyNbla00170 antibodyNes antibodyNEST_HUMAN antibodyNestin antibody
Anti-Nestin antibody [3k1] - Neural Stem Cell Marker images
Tumorigenicity of human glioma-derived cells. Representative immunohistochemical analysis of brain tumors generated after orthotropic injection of isolated human glioblastoma cells. Immunofluorescence of mouse brains cryosections labeled with anti-human nestin antibody. A, diffuse infiltration of the injected and contralateral hemisphere (GBM 1). B, cells infiltrating the striatum ipsilateral and contralateral to the side of injection (GBM 2). Scale bar, 100 µm. GBM xenografts recapitulate the morphology of corresponding tumors in human cancer patients. For xenograft tumor analysis, mice were sacrificed, and cryopreserved brain sections were cut using a 10-µm cryostat. Staining with hematoxylin-eosin identified sections bearing tumors. Briefly, brain sections were mounted on slides and stained with hematoxylin for 40 seconds and then counterstained with alcoholic eosin for 30 seconds. Cryosections containing tumors were permeabilized in PBS containing 0.5% Triton X-100 and blocked in 10% normal goat serum/PBS. After incubation with ab6320 diluted 1/1,000 in NGS-PBS overnight at 4 °C, sections were washed in Tris-buffered saline. Immunopositivity was revealed using Alexa488-conjugated goat anti-mouse IgG, 1/700. Cells were counterstained with Hoechst 33342 to identify the nuclei.
ab6320 staining Nestin in Human glioblastoma in mouse brain by Immunohistochemistry - Wholemount.
Samples were incubated with primary antibody (1/1000 in diluent) for 16 hours at 4°C. An HRP-conjugated goat anti-mouse polyclonal IgG was used as the secondary antibody.
References for Anti-Nestin antibody [3k1] - Neural Stem Cell Marker (ab6320)
This product has been referenced in:
- Ramgolam K et al. Melanoma spheroids grown under neural crest cell conditions are highly plastic migratory/invasive tumor cells endowed with immunomodulator function. PLoS One 6:e18784 (2011). Flow Cyt ; Human . Read more (PubMed: 21526207) »
- Pietra G et al. Natural killer cells kill human melanoma cells with characteristics of cancer stem cells. Int Immunol 21:793-801 (2009). Read more (PubMed: 19491215) »