Anti-Nestin antibody  - Neural Stem Cell Marker (ab11306)
- Product nameAnti-Nestin antibody  - Neural Stem Cell MarkerSee all Nestin primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionMouse monoclonal  to Nestin - Neural Stem Cell Marker
- Tested applicationsICC/IF, ICC, IHC-Fr, WB, IHC-P more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat
Does not react withHuman
Nestin purified from embryonic rat spinal cord.
- Positive controlMEF1 whole cell lysate
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.02% Sodium Azide
Constituents: PBS, pH 7.4
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityIgG fraction
- Clonality Monoclonal
- Clone number401
- Light chain typekappa
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab11306 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|ICC/IF||ICC/IF: Use a concentration of 10 µg/ml.|
|ICC||ICC: Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
|IHC-Fr||IHC-Fr: Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
|WB||WB: Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 170, 350 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 177 kDa). The use of BSA as blocking agent is not recommended.|
|IHC-P||IHC-P: Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval before commencing with IHC staining protocol.|
- FunctionRequired for brain and eye development. Promotes the disassembly of phosphorylated vimentin intermediate filaments (IF) during mitosis and may play a role in the trafficking and distribution of IF proteins and other cellular factors to daughter cells during progenitor cell division. Required for survival, renewal and mitogen-stimulated proliferation of neural progenitor cells.
- Tissue specificityCNS stem cells.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the intermediate filament family.
- Developmental stageUpon terminal neural differentiation, nestin is down-regulated and replaced by neurofilaments.
modificationsConstitutively phosphorylated. This increases during mitosis when the cytoplasmic intermediate filament network is reorganized.
- ESTM 46 antibodyESTM 46 antibodyFLJ 21841 antibody
- FLJ 21841 antibodyFLJ21841 antibodyIntermediate filament protein antibodyIntermediate filament protein antibodyNbla00170 antibodyNes antibodyNes antibodyNEST_HUMAN antibodyNestin antibody
Anti-Nestin antibody  - Neural Stem Cell Marker images
Anti-Nestin antibody  - Neural Stem Cell Marker (ab11306) at 1 µg/ml + MEF1 (Mouse embryonic fibroblast cell line) Whole Cell Lysate at 10 µg
Goat polyclonal to Mouse IgG - H&L - Pre-Adsorbed (HRP) (ab65485) at 1/3000 dilution
developed using the ECL technique
Performed under reducing conditions.
Predicted band size : 177 kDa
Exposure time : 20 minutes
ab11306 staining Nestin in rat lateral ventricle (subventricular zone) sections by IHC-P (formaldehyde-fixed paraffin-embedded sections). Tissue samples were fixed with formaldehyde and blocked with 1% BSA for 10 minutes at room temperature. Antigen retrieval was by heat mediation in citric acid (pH6). Samples were incubated with primary antibody 1/200 (TBS/BSA/azide pH7.5) for 24 hours. A Biotin-conjugated Goat polycolonal to mouse IgG, dilution 1/200, was used as secondary antibody. The image shows clear staining in cells of the rat subventricular zone of the lateral ventricle.
IHC image of Nestin staining in 6 week old rat brain formalin fixed paraffin embedded tissue section, performed on a Leica BondTM system using the standard protocol F. The section was pre-treated using heat mediated antigen retrieval with sodium citrate buffer (pH6, epitope retrieval solution 1) for 20 mins. The section was then incubated with ab11306, 1µg/ml, for 15 mins at room temperature and detected using an HRP conjugated compact polymer system. DAB was used as the chromogen. The section was then counterstained with haematoxylin and mounted with DPX
ICC/IF image of ab11306 stained PC12 cells. The cells were 100% methanol fixed (5 min) and then incubated in 1%BSA / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine in 0.1% PBS-Tween for 1h to permeabilise the cells and block non-specific protein-protein interactions. The cells were then incubated with the antibody (ab11306, 10µg/ml) overnight at +4°C. The secondary antibody (green) was Alexa Fluor® 488 goat anti-mouse IgG (H+L) used at a 1/1000 dilution for 1h. Alexa Fluor® 594 WGA was used to label plasma membranes (red) at a 1/200 dilution for 1h. DAPI was used to stain the cell nuclei (blue) at a concentration of 1.43µM. This antibody also gave a positive result in 4% PFA fixed (10 min) PC12 cells at 10µg/ml.
References for Anti-Nestin antibody  - Neural Stem Cell Marker (ab11306)
This product has been referenced in:
- Liu H et al. p53 Regulates Neural Stem Cell Proliferation and Differentiation via BMP-Smad1 Signaling and Id1. Stem Cells Dev : (2013). Read more (PubMed: 23199293) »
- Daniel C et al. Nestin expression in repopulating mesangial cells promotes their proliferation. Lab Invest 88:387-97 (2008). Read more (PubMed: 18268475) »