Anti-Nestin antibody [7A3] (ab81462)
- Product nameAnti-Nestin antibody [7A3]See all Nestin primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRat monoclonal [7A3] to Nestin
- Tested applicationsIHC-Fr, ICC/IF more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse
Mouse E16 embryonic cerebral cortex extracts
- Positive control
- Neural progenitor cells from mouse fetal brain.
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: None
Constituents: 50% Glycerol, PBS
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityIgG fraction
- Purification notesThe antibody was produced from the hybridoma cultured in serum free medium and purified under mild conditions by propriety chromatography processes. It is filter sterilized.
- Primary antibody notes ab81462 is very useful for immunostaining of mouse embryonic brain. It has very low background in immunostaining using mouse tissues and is also useful for doubleb staining with mouse and rabbit antibodies.
- Clonality Monoclonal
- Clone number7A3
- Light chain typekappa
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab81462 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IHC-Fr||IHC-Fr: Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
|ICC/IF||ICC/IF: Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
- FunctionRequired for brain and eye development. Promotes the disassembly of phosphorylated vimentin intermediate filaments (IF) during mitosis and may play a role in the trafficking and distribution of IF proteins and other cellular factors to daughter cells during progenitor cell division. Required for survival, renewal and mitogen-stimulated proliferation of neural progenitor cells.
- Tissue specificityCNS stem cells.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the intermediate filament family.
- Developmental stageUpon terminal neural differentiation, nestin is down-regulated and replaced by neurofilaments.
modificationsConstitutively phosphorylated. This increases during mitosis when the cytoplasmic intermediate filament network is reorganized.
- ESTM 46 antibody
- FLJ 21841 antibody
- FLJ21841 antibody
- Intermediate filament protein antibody
- Nbla00170 antibody
- Nes antibody
- NEST_HUMAN antibody
- Nestin antibody
Anti-Nestin antibody [7A3] images
Primary culture of neural progenitor cells from mouse fetal brain stained with ab81462.
Primary culture of neural progenitor cells from mouse fetal brain, without staining (bright field image).
References for Anti-Nestin antibody [7A3] (ab81462)
ab81462 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.