Anti-Nestin antibody - Azide free (ab27952)
- Product nameAnti-Nestin antibody - Azide freeSee all Nestin primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Nestin - Azide free
- SpecificityAb27952 recognises nestin tail.
- Tested applicationsWB, IHC-Fr, ICC/IF more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human, Apteronotus leptorhynchus
KLH conjugated peptide to the human nestin tail.
- Positive control
- Human NTERA2 cells and mouse embryonic cells for Immunofluorescence.
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: None
Constituents: Whole serum.
- PurityWhole antiserum
- Clonality Polyclonal
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab27952 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||WB: 1/1000. Predicted molecular weight: 177 kDa.|
|IHC-Fr||IHC-Fr: Use at an assay dependent concentration.
IHC-Fr is not batch-tested and variability between batches can occur.
- FunctionRequired for brain and eye development. Promotes the disassembly of phosphorylated vimentin intermediate filaments (IF) during mitosis and may play a role in the trafficking and distribution of IF proteins and other cellular factors to daughter cells during progenitor cell division. Required for survival, renewal and mitogen-stimulated proliferation of neural progenitor cells.
- Tissue specificityCNS stem cells.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the intermediate filament family.
- Developmental stageUpon terminal neural differentiation, nestin is down-regulated and replaced by neurofilaments.
modificationsConstitutively phosphorylated. This increases during mitosis when the cytoplasmic intermediate filament network is reorganized.
- ESTM 46 antibody
- FLJ 21841 antibody
- FLJ21841 antibody
- Intermediate filament protein antibody
- Nbla00170 antibody
- Nes antibody
- NEST_HUMAN antibody
- Nestin antibody
Anti-Nestin antibody - Azide free images
ab27952 staining rat astrocytes by ICC/IF. Cells were PFA fixed and permeabilized in 0.5% Saponin prior to blocking in 10% serum for 1 hour at 20°C. The primary antibody was diluted 1/500 and incubated with the sample for 18 hours at 4°C. A Cy3® conjugated goat anti-rabbit IgG antibody diluted 1/400 was used as the secondary.
ab27952 staining Nestin in Apteronotus leptorynchus spinal cord tissue by Immunohistochemistry (Frozen sections). The sections were fixed in 2% paraformaldehye and permeabilized in 0.3% Triton X-100 prior to blocking with 3% sheep serum / 1% BSA / 1% teleostean gelatine in PBS for 1 hour at 23°C. The primary antibody was diluted 1/100 in the blocking solution and incubated with the sample for 18 hours at 4°C. An Alexa Fluor® 488-conjugated Goat anti-Rabbit polyclonal was used as the secondary antibody, diluted 1/200.
ab27952 staining Nestin in human embryonic stem cells by Immunocytochemistry/ Immunofluorescence.
Cells were fixed in paraformaldehyde, permeabilized using Triton-X, blocked with 5% serum for 2 hours at 25°C and then incubated with ab27952 at a 1/100 dilution for 12 hours at 4°C. The secondary used was an Alexa-Fluor 488 conjugated donkey polyclonal used at a 1/500 dilution.
References for Anti-Nestin antibody - Azide free (ab27952)
ab27952 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.