Anti-Nestin antibody - Azide free (ab28944)
- Product nameAnti-Nestin antibody - Azide freeSee all Nestin primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Nestin - Azide free
- Tested applicationsWB, ICC/IF, IHC-P more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Does not react withMouse
KLH conjugated peptide to the human nestin repeat region.
- Positive control
- Ntera 2 cells
- General notes
ab28944 can be used as a predominant marker to describe stem and neural progenitor cells in the mammalian CNS.
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: None
Constituents: Whole serum
- PurityWhole antiserum
- Purification notesPurified using a desalting column.
- Primary antibody notes ab28944 can be used as a predominant marker to describe stem and neural progenitor cells in the mammalian CNS.
- Clonality Polyclonal
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab28944 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||WB: 1/1000. Predicted molecular weight: 177 kDa.|
|IHC-P||IHC-P: 1/200. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval before commencing with IHC staining protocol.|
- FunctionRequired for brain and eye development. Promotes the disassembly of phosphorylated vimentin intermediate filaments (IF) during mitosis and may play a role in the trafficking and distribution of IF proteins and other cellular factors to daughter cells during progenitor cell division. Required for survival, renewal and mitogen-stimulated proliferation of neural progenitor cells.
- Tissue specificityCNS stem cells.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the intermediate filament family.
- Developmental stageUpon terminal neural differentiation, nestin is down-regulated and replaced by neurofilaments.
modificationsConstitutively phosphorylated. This increases during mitosis when the cytoplasmic intermediate filament network is reorganized.
- ESTM 46 antibody
- FLJ 21841 antibody
- FLJ21841 antibody
- Intermediate filament protein antibody
- Nbla00170 antibody
- Nes antibody
- NEST_HUMAN antibody
- Nestin antibody
Anti-Nestin antibody - Azide free images
Immunofluorescence analysis of Nestin expression in methanol fixed Ntera2 cells stained using 1:200 anti nestin (ab28944, green). The sample was counterstained with Vimentin (red). The micrograph with yellow staining shows overlapping of nestin and vimentin in the cells. A light phase micrograph shows the same cell as a whole.
References for Anti-Nestin antibody - Azide free (ab28944)
This product has been referenced in:
- Wang Z et al. Acquisition of epithelial-mesenchymal transition phenotype of gemcitabine-resistant pancreatic cancer cells is linked with activation of the notch signaling pathway. Cancer Res 69:2400-7 (2009). WB ; Human . Read more (PubMed: 19276344) »
- Pereira CF et al. Heterokaryon-based reprogramming of human B lymphocytes for pluripotency requires Oct4 but not Sox2. PLoS Genet 4:e1000170 (2008). ICC/IF ; Human . Read more (PubMed: 18773085) »