Anti-Nestin antibody - Neural Stem Cell Marker (ab24692)
- Product nameAnti-Nestin antibody - Neural Stem Cell MarkerSee all Nestin primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Nestin - Neural Stem Cell Marker
- Tested applicationsIHC-Fr, WB, ICC/IF more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse
Does not react withHuman
Synthetic peptide of Mouse Nestin repeat sequence conjugated to KLH. Immunogen sequence is proprietary
- Positive controlMouse embryonic cells.
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: None
Constituents: Whole serum
- PurityWhole antiserum
- Clonality Polyclonal
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab24692 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IHC-Fr||IHC-Fr: Use at an assay dependent dilution. PubMed: 17389499|
|WB||WB: 1/1000. Predicted molecular weight: 220-240 kDa.|
- FunctionRequired for brain and eye development. Promotes the disassembly of phosphorylated vimentin intermediate filaments (IF) during mitosis and may play a role in the trafficking and distribution of IF proteins and other cellular factors to daughter cells during progenitor cell division. Required for survival, renewal and mitogen-stimulated proliferation of neural progenitor cells.
- Tissue specificityCNS stem cells.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the intermediate filament family.
- Developmental stageUpon terminal neural differentiation, nestin is down-regulated and replaced by neurofilaments.
modificationsConstitutively phosphorylated. This increases during mitosis when the cytoplasmic intermediate filament network is reorganized.
- ESTM 46 antibodyESTM 46 antibodyFLJ 21841 antibody
- FLJ 21841 antibodyFLJ21841 antibodyIntermediate filament protein antibodyIntermediate filament protein antibodyNbla00170 antibodyNes antibodyNes antibodyNEST_HUMAN antibodyNestin antibody
References for Anti-Nestin antibody - Neural Stem Cell Marker (ab24692)
This product has been referenced in:
- Belsham DD et al. Ciliary neurotrophic factor recruitment of glucagon-like peptide-1 mediates neurogenesis, allowing immortalization of adult murine hypothalamic neurons. FASEB J 23:4256-65 (2009). ICC/IF ; Mouse . Read more (PubMed: 19703933) »
- Xu H et al. Characteristics of progenitor cells derived from adult ciliary body in mouse, rat, and human eyes. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 48:1674-82 (2007). IHC-Fr ; Mouse . Read more (PubMed: 17389499) »