Anti-Nestin antibody - Neural Stem Cell Marker (ab92391)
- Product nameAnti-Nestin antibody - Neural Stem Cell MarkerSee all Nestin primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Nestin - Neural Stem Cell Marker
- SpecificityThe immunoreactivity detected with Rabbit polyclonal to Nestin (ab92391) does not overlap in with that of the mature neuronal markers such as MAP2, NeuN, Neurofilament L and Beta-3-tublin (data available on request).
- Tested applicationsICC/IF more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Rat, Human
Synthetic peptide conjugated to KLH derived from within residues 1600 to the C-terminus of Human Nestin.
(Peptide available as ab19375.)
- Positive controlThis antibody gave a positive signal in P0 rat retinal cell culture and E16 rat hippocampal cell culture.
- General notesab92391 is raised using the same immunogen as ab5968. Batches sold under ab92391 have passed QC testing in ICC/IF only. In our hands, this product did not work in IHC-P. For further information please contact our Customer Services team.
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.02% Sodium Azide
Constituents: 1% BSA, PBS, pH 7.4
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Clonality Polyclonal
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab92391 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- FunctionRequired for brain and eye development. Promotes the disassembly of phosphorylated vimentin intermediate filaments (IF) during mitosis and may play a role in the trafficking and distribution of IF proteins and other cellular factors to daughter cells during progenitor cell division. Required for survival, renewal and mitogen-stimulated proliferation of neural progenitor cells.
- Tissue specificityCNS stem cells.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the intermediate filament family.
- Developmental stageUpon terminal neural differentiation, nestin is down-regulated and replaced by neurofilaments.
modificationsConstitutively phosphorylated. This increases during mitosis when the cytoplasmic intermediate filament network is reorganized.
- ESTM 46 antibodyFLJ 21841 antibodyFLJ21841 antibody
- Intermediate filament protein antibodyNbla00170 antibodyNes antibodyNEST_HUMAN antibodyNestin antibody
Anti-Nestin antibody - Neural Stem Cell Marker images
Immunocytochemical localisation of Nestin using ab92391 on P0 rat retinal culture. The image shows a nestin positive retinal ganglionic cell from P0 retina that has been grown for 7 days on a glass coverslip. Cover slips were fixed in 5% PFA in 0.1M PBS (1xPBS) for 5 minutes and washed with 0.1M PBS. Permeabilisation: 0.3% Triton X-100. Primary antibody ab92391 was diluted 1/250 and incubated for 2h @ RT. Secondary antibody: donkey anti-rabbit Alexa Fluor 488 (1/2000).
Immunocytochemical localisation of Nestin using ab92391 on E16 rat hippocampal cell culture. The image shows nestin positive rat hippocampal cells isolated from embryonic day 16 (grown in serum free conditions for 2-3 weeks). Cover slips were fixed in 5% PFA in 0.1M PBS (1xPBS) for 5 minutes and washed with 0.1M PBS. Permeabilisation: 0.3% Triton X-100. Primary antibody ab92391 was diluted 1/250 and incubated for 2h @ RT. Secondary antibody: donkey anti-rabbit Alexa Fluor 488 (1/2000). DAPI in blue stains nuclei.
ICC/IF image of ab92391 stained PC12 cells. The cells were 4% PFA fixed (10 min) and then incubated in 1%BSA / 10% normal Goat serum / 0.3M glycine in 0.1% PBS-Tween for 1h to permeabilise the cells and block non-specific protein-protein interactions. The cells were then incubated with the antibody (ab92391, 1µg/ml) overnight at +4°C. The secondary antibody (green) was Alexa Fluor® 488 Goat anti-Rabbit IgG (H+L) used at a 1/1000 dilution for 1h. Alexa Fluor® 594 WGA was used to label plasma membranes (red) at a 1/200 dilution for 1h. DAPI was used to stain the cell nuclei (blue) at a concentration of 1.43µM.
References for Anti-Nestin antibody - Neural Stem Cell Marker (ab92391)
This product has been referenced in:
- He Z et al. Revisited microanatomy of the corneal endothelial periphery: new evidence for continuous centripetal migration of endothelial cells in humans. Stem Cells 30:2523-34 (2012). Read more (PubMed: 22949402) »