Anti-Nestin antibody [SP103] (ab105389)
- Product nameAnti-Nestin antibody [SP103]See all Nestin primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit monoclonal [SP103] to Nestin
- Tested applicationsICC/IF, Flow Cyt, WB, IHC-P more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Synthetic peptide corresponding to the C terminus of Human Nestin.
- Positive control
- HeLa cell lysate and Human kidney tissue. SKNSH cell line
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.1% Sodium Azide
Constituents: 1% BSA, PBS, pH 7.6
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Purification notesab105389 is purified by protein A/G Chromatography.
- Clonality Monoclonal
- Clone numberSP103
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab105389 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|Flow Cyt||Flow Cyt: 1/50.|
|WB||WB: 1/100. Predicted molecular weight: 177 kDa.|
- FunctionRequired for brain and eye development. Promotes the disassembly of phosphorylated vimentin intermediate filaments (IF) during mitosis and may play a role in the trafficking and distribution of IF proteins and other cellular factors to daughter cells during progenitor cell division. Required for survival, renewal and mitogen-stimulated proliferation of neural progenitor cells.
- Tissue specificityCNS stem cells.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the intermediate filament family.
- Developmental stageUpon terminal neural differentiation, nestin is down-regulated and replaced by neurofilaments.
modificationsConstitutively phosphorylated. This increases during mitosis when the cytoplasmic intermediate filament network is reorganized.
- ESTM 46 antibody
- FLJ 21841 antibody
- FLJ21841 antibody
- Intermediate filament protein antibody
- Nbla00170 antibody
- nes antibody
- NEST_HUMAN antibody
- Nestin antibody
Anti-Nestin antibody [SP103] images
Anti-Nestin antibody [SP103] (ab105389) at 1/100 dilution + HeLa cell lysate
Predicted band size : 177 kDa
ab105389, at a 1/100 dilution, staining Nestin in formalin fixed, paraffin embedded Human kidney tissue by Immunohistochemistry.
ab105389 staining Nestin in human melanoma tissue by Immunohistochemistry (Formalin/PFA-fixed paraffin-embedded sections).
Tissue was fixed in formaldehyde and a heat mediated antigen retrieval step was performed using Tris EDTA pH 9.0. Samples were then permeabilized using 0.25% Triton X-100, blocked, then incubated with ab105389 at a 1/100 dilution for 18 hours at 4°C. The secondary used was an Alexa-Fluor 594 (red) conjugated donkey anti-rabbit polyclonal used at a 1/100 dilution. (Green) tumor cells, (blue) DAPI.
ICC/IF image of ab105389 stained SKNSH cells. The cells were 4% formaldehyde fixed (10 min) and then incubated in 1%BSA / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine in 0.1% PBS-Tween for 1h to permeabilise the cells and block non-specific protein-protein interactions. The cells were then incubated with the antibody (ab105389, 1/200 dilution) overnight at +4°C. The secondary antibody (green) was ab96899, DyLight® 488 goat anti-rabbit IgG (H+L) used at a 1/250 dilution for 1h. Alexa Fluor® 594 WGA was used to label plasma membranes (red) at a 1/200 dilution for 1h. DAPI was used to stain the cell nuclei (blue) at a concentration of 1.43µM.
Overlay histogram showing SH-SY5Y cells stained with ab105389 (red line). The cells were fixed with 4% paraformaldehyde (10 min) and then permeabilized with 0.1% PBS-Tween for 20 min. The cells were then incubated in 1x PBS / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine to block non-specific protein-protein interactions followed by the antibody (ab105389, 1/50 dilution) for 30 min at 22ºC. The secondary antibody used was DyLight® 488 goat anti-rabbit IgG (H+L) (ab96899) at 1/500 dilution for 30 min at 22ºC. Isotype control antibody (black line) was rabbit IgG (monoclonal) (1µg/1x106 cells) used under the same conditions. Acquisition of >5,000 events was performed.
References for Anti-Nestin antibody [SP103] (ab105389)
This product has been referenced in:
- Bury M et al. Ophiobolin A induces paraptosis-like cell death in human glioblastoma cells by decreasing BKCa channel activity. Cell Death Dis 4:e561 (2013). WB ; Human . Read more (PubMed: 23538442) »