Anti-Nestin antibody (ab81755)
- Product nameAnti-Nestin antibodySee all Nestin primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionChicken polyclonal to Nestin
- Tested applicationsIHC-P, ICC/IF, IHC-FoFr, WB more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse
Synthetic peptide (the amino acid sequence is considered to be commercially sensitive)
- Positive control
- Mouse brain
- General notes
The concentrations of each of the three antibodies used to make this product was 100 µg/ml, making the total antibody concentration 300 µg/ml.
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.02% Sodium Azide
Constituents: 10mM PBS, pH 7.2
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Purification notesAffinity purified chicken antisera.
- Primary antibody notes The concentrations of each of the three antibodies used to make this product was 100 µg/ml, making the total antibody concentration 300 µg/ml.
- Clonality Polyclonal
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab81755 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IHC-P||IHC-P: Use at an assay dependent dilution. PubMed: 21262804|
|IHC-FoFr||IHC-FoFr: 1/10000 - 1/30000. Fix with 2% paraformaldehyde in PBS.|
|WB||WB: 1/20000 - 1/50000. Predicted molecular weight: 177 kDa.|
- FunctionRequired for brain and eye development. Promotes the disassembly of phosphorylated vimentin intermediate filaments (IF) during mitosis and may play a role in the trafficking and distribution of IF proteins and other cellular factors to daughter cells during progenitor cell division. Required for survival, renewal and mitogen-stimulated proliferation of neural progenitor cells.
- Tissue specificityCNS stem cells.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the intermediate filament family.
- Developmental stageUpon terminal neural differentiation, nestin is down-regulated and replaced by neurofilaments.
modificationsConstitutively phosphorylated. This increases during mitosis when the cytoplasmic intermediate filament network is reorganized.
- ESTM 46 antibody
- FLJ 21841 antibody
- FLJ21841 antibody
- Intermediate filament protein antibody
- Nbla00170 antibody
- Nes antibody
- NEST_HUMAN antibody
- Nestin antibody
Anti-Nestin antibody images
A tissue section through an e 13 mouse brain showing Nestin (green staining) in neural stem cells of the ventricular zone of the CNS. DAPI (blue staining) allows visualization of nuclei. The fixative was 2% paraformaldehyde in PBS, and the tissue was emersed in this fixative for 30 minutes at room temperature.
References for Anti-Nestin antibody (ab81755)
This product has been referenced in:
- Svoboda DS et al. Pocket proteins pRb and p107 are required for cortical lamination independent of apoptosis. Dev Biol 384:101-13 (2013). Read more (PubMed: 24056077) »
- Yoshioka N et al. The astrocytic lineage marker calmodulin-regulated spectrin-associated protein 1 (Camsap1): phenotypic heterogeneity of newly born Camsap1-expressing cells in injured mouse brain. J Comp Neurol 520:1301-17 (2012). Mouse . Read more (PubMed: 22095662) »