Anti-Nestin antibody (ab82375)
- Product nameAnti-Nestin antibodySee all Nestin primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Nestin
- Tested applicationsWB, ELISA, ICC/IF more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
A KLH conjugated synthetic peptide corresponding to amino acid residues surrounding S1409 of human Nestin.
- Positive controlHepG2 cell line lysates. IF/ICC: SKNSH cell line
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.09% Sodium Azide
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Purification notesThis antibody is purified through a protein A column, followed by peptide affinity purification.
- Clonality Polyclonal
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab82375 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||WB: 1/50 - 1/100. Predicted molecular weight: 177 kDa.|
|ICC/IF||ICC/IF: Use a concentration of 5 µg/ml.|
- FunctionRequired for brain and eye development. Promotes the disassembly of phosphorylated vimentin intermediate filaments (IF) during mitosis and may play a role in the trafficking and distribution of IF proteins and other cellular factors to daughter cells during progenitor cell division. Required for survival, renewal and mitogen-stimulated proliferation of neural progenitor cells.
- Tissue specificityCNS stem cells.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the intermediate filament family.
- Developmental stageUpon terminal neural differentiation, nestin is down-regulated and replaced by neurofilaments.
modificationsConstitutively phosphorylated. This increases during mitosis when the cytoplasmic intermediate filament network is reorganized.
- ESTM 46 antibodyFLJ 21841 antibodyFLJ21841 antibody
- Intermediate filament protein antibodyNbla00170 antibodyNes antibodyNEST_HUMAN antibodyNestin antibody
Anti-Nestin antibody images
Anti-Nestin antibody (ab82375) at 1/50 dilution + HepG2 cell line lysates at 35 µg
Predicted band size : 177 kDa
Observed band size : 177 kDa
Additional bands at : 60 and 65 kDa,95 and 120 kDa. We are unsure as to the identity of these extra bands.
ICC/IF image of ab82375 stained SKNSH cells. The cells were 4% paraformaldehyde fixed (10 min) and then incubated in 1%BSA / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine in 0.1% PBS-Tween for 1h to permeabilise the cells and block non-specific protein-protein interactions. The cells were then incubated with the antibody (ab82375, 5µg/ml) overnight at +4°C. The secondary antibody (green) was ab96899, DyLight® 488 goat anti-rabbit IgG (H+L) used at a 1/250 dilution for 1h. Alexa Fluor® 594 WGA was used to label plasma membranes (red) at a 1/200 dilution for 1h. DAPI was used to stain the cell nuclei (blue) at a concentration of 1.43µM.
References for Anti-Nestin antibody (ab82375)
ab82375 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.