Anti-Nestin antibody (ab85684)
- Product nameAnti-Nestin antibodySee all Nestin primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Nestin
- Tested applicationsWB, IP more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Synthetic peptide corresponding to a region between amino acids 325 and 375 of human Nestin (NP_006608.1).
- Positive control
- Whole cell lysate from HeLa cells
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.09% Sodium Azide
Constituents: 0.1% BSA, Tris buffered saline
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Purification notesab85684 was affinity purified using an epitope specific to Nestin immobilized on solid support.
- Clonality Polyclonal
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab85684 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
WB: 1/2000 - 1/10000. Predicted molecular weight: 177 kDa.
Not yet tested in other applications.
Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- FunctionRequired for brain and eye development. Promotes the disassembly of phosphorylated vimentin intermediate filaments (IF) during mitosis and may play a role in the trafficking and distribution of IF proteins and other cellular factors to daughter cells during progenitor cell division. Required for survival, renewal and mitogen-stimulated proliferation of neural progenitor cells.
- Tissue specificityCNS stem cells.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the intermediate filament family.
- Developmental stageUpon terminal neural differentiation, nestin is down-regulated and replaced by neurofilaments.
modificationsConstitutively phosphorylated. This increases during mitosis when the cytoplasmic intermediate filament network is reorganized.
- ESTM 46 antibody
- FLJ 21841 antibody
- FLJ21841 antibody
- Intermediate filament protein antibody
- Nbla00170 antibody
- Nes antibody
- NEST_HUMAN antibody
- Nestin antibody
Anti-Nestin antibody images
All lanes : Anti-Nestin antibody (ab85684) at 0.04 µg/ml
Lane 1 : HeLa whole cell lysate at 50 µg
Lane 2 : HeLa whole cell lysate at 15 µg
Lane 3 : HeLa whole cell lysate at 5 µg
developed using the ECL technique
Predicted band size : 177 kDa
Exposure time : 3 minutes
Nestin was immunoprecipitated using ab85684 at 10 µg/mg of whole cell lysate from HeLa cells.
20% of the IP was loaded, and probed with ab85684 at 0.4 µg/ml.
Detection: chemiluminescence with exposure time of 30 seconds.
References for Anti-Nestin antibody (ab85684)
ab85684 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.