Anti-Nestin antibody (ab93157)
- Product nameAnti-Nestin antibodySee all Nestin primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Nestin
- Tested applicationsIHC-P, IHC-FoFr more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Rat
Synthetic peptide conjugated to KLH derived from within residues 1550 - 1650 of Rat Nestin.
- Positive control
- This antibody gave a positive signal in Rat Brain sections.
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.02% Sodium Azide
Constituents: 1% BSA, PBS, pH 7.4
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Clonality Polyclonal
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab93157 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IHC-P||IHC-P: Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval with citrate buffer pH 6 before commencing with IHC staining protocol.|
- FunctionRequired for brain and eye development. Promotes the disassembly of phosphorylated vimentin intermediate filaments (IF) during mitosis and may play a role in the trafficking and distribution of IF proteins and other cellular factors to daughter cells during progenitor cell division. Required for survival, renewal and mitogen-stimulated proliferation of neural progenitor cells.
- Tissue specificityCNS stem cells.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the intermediate filament family.
- Developmental stageUpon terminal neural differentiation, nestin is down-regulated and replaced by neurofilaments.
modificationsConstitutively phosphorylated. This increases during mitosis when the cytoplasmic intermediate filament network is reorganized.
- ESTM 46 antibody
- FLJ 21841 antibody
- FLJ21841 antibody
- Intermediate filament protein antibody
- Nbla00170 antibody
- Nes antibody
- NEST_HUMAN antibody
- Nestin antibody
Anti-Nestin antibody images
IHC image of Nestin staining in Rat brain (6 weeks) FFPE section, performed on a BondTM system using the standard protocol F. The section was pre-treated using heat mediated antigen retrieval with sodium citrate buffer (pH6, epitope retrieval solution 1) for 20 mins. The section was then incubated with ab93157, 1µg/ml, for 15 mins at room temperature and detected using an HRP conjugated compact polymer system. DAB was used as the chromogen. The section was then counterstained with haematoxylin and mounted with DPX.
IHC-FoFr image of nestin staining in rat brain sections using ab93157(1:100). The sections used came from animals perfused fixed with Paraformaldehyde 4% with 15% of a solution of saturated picric acid, in phosphate buffer 0.1M. Following postfixation in the same fixative overnight, the brains were cryoprotected in sucrose 30% overnight. Brains were then cut using a cryostat and the immunostainings were performed using the ‘free floating’ technique.
References for Anti-Nestin antibody (ab93157)
ab93157 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.