Anti-Nestin antibody (ab93666)
- Product nameAnti-Nestin antibodySee all Nestin primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Nestin
- Tested applicationsICC/IF, Flow Cyt, IHC-P more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
A synthetic peptide derived from an internal region of Human Nestin protein.
- EpitopeInternal region
- Positive control
- Human liver carcinoma tissue IF/ICC: SKNSH cells
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.1% Sodium Azide
Constituents: BSA, 10mM PBS, pH 7.4
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Purification notesImmunogen affinity purified immunoglobulin from rabbit serum.
- Clonality Polyclonal
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab93666 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|Flow Cyt||Flow Cyt: 1/250.|
|IHC-P||IHC-P: 1/200. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval before commencing with IHC staining protocol. 1/200 for 30 minutes at room temperature. Boil tissue section in 1mM EDTA, pH 8.0 for 10 minutes followed by cooling at room temperature for 20 minutes.|
- FunctionRequired for brain and eye development. Promotes the disassembly of phosphorylated vimentin intermediate filaments (IF) during mitosis and may play a role in the trafficking and distribution of IF proteins and other cellular factors to daughter cells during progenitor cell division. Required for survival, renewal and mitogen-stimulated proliferation of neural progenitor cells.
- Tissue specificityCNS stem cells.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the intermediate filament family.
- Developmental stageUpon terminal neural differentiation, nestin is down-regulated and replaced by neurofilaments.
modificationsConstitutively phosphorylated. This increases during mitosis when the cytoplasmic intermediate filament network is reorganized.
- ESTM 46 antibody
- FLJ 21841 antibody
- FLJ21841 antibody
- Intermediate filament protein antibody
- Nbla00170 antibody
- Nes antibody
- NEST_HUMAN antibody
- Nestin antibody
Anti-Nestin antibody images
ab93666, at a 1/200 dilution, staining Nestin in formalin fixed, paraffin embedded Human liver carcinoma tissue by Immunohistochemistry.
ICC/IF image of ab93666 stained SKNSH cells. The cells were 4% paraformaldehyde fixed (10 min) and then incubated in 1%BSA / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine in 0.1% PBS-Tween for 1h to permeabilise the cells and block non-specific protein-protein interactions. The cells were then incubated with the antibody (ab93666, 1/200 dilution) overnight at +4°C. The secondary antibody (green) was ab96899, DyLight® 488 goat anti-rabbit IgG (H+L) used at a 1/250 dilution for 1h. Alexa Fluor® 594 WGA was used to label plasma membranes (red) at a 1/200 dilution for 1h. DAPI was used to stain the cell nuclei (blue) at a concentration of 1.43µM.
References for Anti-Nestin antibody (ab93666)
ab93666 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.