Anti-Neuropeptide Y antibody (ab53478)
- Product nameAnti-Neuropeptide Y antibodySee all Neuropeptide Y primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Neuropeptide Y
- SpecificityWe have data to indicate that this antibody may not cross react with Rat. However, this has not been conclusively tested and expression levels may vary in certain cell lines/tissues.
- Tested applicationsIHC-Fr, ICC/IF more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Predicted to work with: Mouse, Sheep, Chicken, Pig, Macaque Monkey
Synthetic peptide: SSPETLISDLLMRESTENVPRTRLEDPAMW, corresponding to C terminal amino acids 68-97 of Human Neuropeptide Y
- Positive controlStefanini fixed frozen sections of rat small intestine.
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.1% Sodium Azide
Constituents: 1% BSA, Whole serum, PBS, pH 7.2
- PurityWhole antiserum
- Clonality Polyclonal
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab53478 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
IHC-Fr: 1/25 - 1/100. Ab53478 is also expected to give good results on paraffin sections.
Not yet tested in other applications.
Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- FunctionNPY is implicated in the control of feeding and in secretion of gonadotrophin-release hormone.
- Tissue specificityOne of the most abundant peptides in the nervous system. Also found in some chromaffin cells of the adrenal medulla.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the NPY family.
- Cellular localizationSecreted.
- C-flanking peptide of NPY antibodyCPON antibodyNeuropeptide tyrosine antibody
- Neuropeptide Y precursor antibodyNPY antibodyNPY_HUMAN antibodyPro neuropeptide Y antibodyPYY 4 antibodyPYY4 antibodyY Neuropeptide antibody
References for Anti-Neuropeptide Y antibody (ab53478)
ab53478 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.