Anti-Neuropilin 1 antibody (ab71945)
- Product nameAnti-Neuropilin 1 antibodySee all Neuropilin 1 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Neuropilin 1
- Specificityab71945 recognizes Neuropilin 1 without phosphorylation at the site of Thr 916. It does not cross react with phospho Neuropilin 1.
- Tested applicationsWB, IP, ELISA more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Predicted to work with: Cow
A synthetic peptide surrounding the epitope LNTQS without phosphorylation at site Thr916.
- Positive control
- Human Brain Tissue lysate.
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: antibody stabiliser
Constituents: PBS, pH 7.2
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Purification notesab71945 is purified by Site-specific Epitope Affinity Purification.
- Clonality Polyclonal
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab71945 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||WB: Use a concentration of 0.1 - 1 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 130 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 103 kDa).|
|IP||IP: Use a concentration of 2 - 5 µg/ml.|
|ELISA||ELISA: Use a concentration of 0.01 - 0.1 µg/ml.|
- FunctionThe membrane-bound isoform 1 is a receptor involved in the development of the cardiovascular system, in angiogenesis, in the formation of certain neuronal circuits and in organogenesis outside the nervous system. It mediates the chemorepulsant activity of semaphorins. It binds to semaphorin 3A, The PLGF-2 isoform of PGF, The VEGF-165 isoform of VEGF and VEGF-B. Coexpression with KDR results in increased VEGF-165 binding to KDR as well as increased chemotaxis. It may regulate VEGF-induced angiogenesis.
The soluble isoform 2 binds VEGF-165 and appears to inhibit its binding to cells. It may also induce apoptosis by sequestering VEGF-165. May bind as well various members of the semaphorin family. Its expression has an averse effect on blood vessel number and integrity.
- Tissue specificityThe expression of isoforms 1 and 2 does not seem to overlap. Isoform 1 is expressed by the blood vessels of different tissues. In the developing embryo it is found predominantly in the nervous system. In adult tissues, it is highly expressed in heart and placenta; moderately in lung, liver, skeletal muscle, kidney and pancreas; and low in adult brain. Isoform 2 is found in liver hepatocytes, kidney distal and proximal tubules.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the neuropilin family.
Contains 2 CUB domains.
Contains 2 F5/8 type C domains.
Contains 1 MAM domain.
- Cellular localizationSecreted and Cell membrane.
- A5 protein antibody
- BDCA4 antibody
- BLOOD DENDRITIC CELL ANTIGEN 4 antibody
- CD304 antibody
- Neuropilin-1 antibody
- Neuropilin1 antibody
- NP1 antibody
- NPN1 antibody
- NRP 1 antibody
- NRP antibody
- NRP1 antibody
- NRP1_HUMAN antibody
- Vascular endothelial cell growth factor 165 receptor antibody
- VEGF165R antibody
Anti-Neuropilin 1 antibody images
Anti-Neuropilin 1 antibody (ab71945) at 1/1000 dilution + human brain whole cell tissue lysate (immunoprecipitated by 4 µg of ab71945) at 4mg
Predicted band size : 103 kDa
Observed band size : 130 kDa (why is the actual band size different from the predicted?)
Dot Blot: 1 mg peptide was blotted onto NC membrane
A: Neuropilin 1 (Phosphospecific Peptide at pT916)
B: Neuropilin 1 (Nonphospho PP)
C: Non-related phosphospecific PP were blotted by:
1: Rabbit anti-Neuropilin1(pT916) at 1/1000
2: ab71945 at 1/1000
References for Anti-Neuropilin 1 antibody (ab71945)
ab71945 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.