Nitric Oxide Assay Kit (Colorimetric) (ab65328)
- Product nameNitric Oxide Assay Kit (Colorimetric)See all Nitric oxide kits ...
- Tests200 x 1 assay
- Sample typeUrine, Serum, Plasma, Other biological fluids, Tissue Extracts, Cell Lysate, Cell culture media
- Assay typeQuantitative
- Sensitivity> 0.1 nmol/well
- Range0.1 nmol/well - 10 nmol/well
- Assay time1h 30m
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
- Product overview
Abcam's Nitric Oxide Assay Kit (Colorimetric) provides an accurate, convenient measure of total nitrate/nitrite in a simple two-step process. The first step converts nitrate to nitrite utilizing nitrate reductase. The second step uses Griess Reagents to convert nitrite to a deep purple azo compound. The amount of the azochromophore accurately reflects nitric oxide amount in samples.
Visit our FAQs page for tips and troubleshooting.
If you are interested in a fluorometric detection kit, please check Nitric Oxide Assay Kit (Fluorometric) (ab65327).
Nitric oxide (NO) plays an important role in neurotransmission, vascular regulation, immune response and apoptosis. NO is rapidly oxidized to nitrite and nitrate which are used to quantitate NO production.
- Tested applicationsFunctional Studies more details
- Storage instructionsStore at -20°C. Please refer to protocols.
Components Identifier 200 tests Assay Buffer WM 1 x 30ml Enhancer (Lyophilized) Purple 1 vial Enzyme Cofactor (Lyophilized) Blue 1 vial Griess Reagent R1 NM 1 x 10ml Griess Reagent R2 Amber NM 1 x 10ml Microtiter plate + Plate Cover 2 units Nitrate Reductase (Lyophilized) Green 1 vial Nitrate Standard (Lyophilized) Yellow 1 vial Nitrite Standard (Lyophilized) Orange 1 vial
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab65328 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
References for Nitric Oxide Assay Kit (Colorimetric) (ab65328)
This product has been referenced in:
- Chavez-Valdez R et al. Necrostatin-1 attenuates mitochondrial dysfunction in neurons and astrocytes following neonatal hypoxia-ischemia. Neuroscience 219:192-203 (2012). Read more (PubMed: 22579794) »
- Hoetzenecker K et al. Secretome of apoptotic peripheral blood cells (APOSEC) attenuates microvascular obstruction in a porcine closed chest reperfused acute myocardial infarction model: role of platelet aggregation and vasodilation. Basic Res Cardiol 107:292 (2012). Read more (PubMed: 22899170) »