Nitric Oxide Assay Kit (Fluorometric) (ab65327)
- Product nameNitric Oxide Assay Kit (Fluorometric)See all Nitric oxide kits ...
- Tests200 x 1 assay
- Sample typeUrine, Serum, Plasma, Other biological fluids, Tissue Extracts, Cell Lysate, Cell culture media
- Assay typeQuantitative
- Assay time3h 00m
- Product overview
Abcam's Nitric Oxide Assay Kit (Fluorometric) provides an accurate, convenient measure of total nitrate/nitrite concentration in a simple two-step process. In the first step nitrate is converted to nitrite by nitrate reductase. In the second step, nitrite reacts with the fluorescent probe DAN (2, 3 diaminonaphthalene). NaOH enhances the fluorescent yield. The fluorescent intensity is proportional to the total nitric oxide production. The kit has been tested with culture media, plasma, and tissue homogenates.
Visit our FAQs page for tips and troubleshooting.
If you are interested in a colorimetric detection kit, please check Nitric Oxide Assay Kit (Colorimetric) (ab65328).
Nitric oxide (NO) plays an important role in neurotransmission, vascular regulation, immune response and apoptosis. Since NO is rapidly converted to nitrite (NO2-) and nitrate (NO3-), the total concentration of nitrite and nitrate is used as a quantitative measure of NO production.
- Tested applicationsFunctional Studies more details
- Storage instructionsStore at -20°C. Please refer to protocols.
Components Identifier 200 tests Assay Buffer WM 1 x 30ml DAN Probe Amber Red 1 x 1ml Enhancer (Lyophilized) Purple 1 vial Enzyme Cofactor (Lyophilized) Blue 1 vial Microtiter plate + Plate Cover 2 units Nitrate Reductase (Lyophilized) Green 1 vial Nitrate Standard (Lyophilized) Yellow 1 vial Nitrite Standard (Lyophilized) Orange 1 vial Sodium Hydroxide Clear 1 x 1ml
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab65327 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
Nitric Oxide Assay Kit (Fluorometric) images
Nitrite, nitrate assay in the presence and absence of nitrate reductase. Assays were performed according to the kit protocol with 1 hour conversion of nitrate to nitrite at Step 5.
References for Nitric Oxide Assay Kit (Fluorometric) (ab65327)
This product has been referenced in:
- Huang Z et al. Stimulation of Unprimed Macrophages with Immune Complexes Triggers a Low Output of Nitric Oxide by Calcium-dependent Neuronal Nitric-oxide Synthase. J Biol Chem 287:4492-502 (2012). Read more (PubMed: 22205701) »