Nociceptin (1-7) (Orphanin FQ (1-7)) (ab120741)
- Product nameNociceptin (1-7) (Orphanin FQ (1-7))
- DescriptionBioactive fragment of nociceptin. ORL1 (NOP) receptor agonist.
- Orphanin FQ (1-7)
- Biological descriptionBioactive fragment of nociceptin. ORL1 (NOP) receptor agonist. Reduces nociception induced hyperalgesia and displays antinociceptive activity.
- Purity> 95%
- Chemical nameFGGFTGA
- Molecular Weight655.71
- Chemical structure
- Molecular formulaC31H41N7O9
- CAS Number178249-42-8
- Storage instructionsStore at -20°C (desiccating conditions).
- Solubility overviewSoluble in water
Providing storage is as stated on the product vial and the vial is kept tightly sealed, the product can be stored for up to 6 months.
Wherever possible, you should prepare and use solutions on the same day. However, if you need to make up stock solutions in advance, we recommend that you store the solution as aliquots in tightly sealed vials at -20°C. Generally, these will be useable for up to one month. Before use, and prior to opening the vial we recommend that you allow your product to equilibrate to room temperature for at least 1 hour.
References for Nociceptin (1-7) (Orphanin FQ (1-7)) (ab120741)
This product has been referenced in:
- Katsuyama S et al. Antinociceptive effects of spinally administered nociceptin/orphanin FQ and its N-terminal fragments on capsaicin-induced nociception. Peptides 32:1530-5 (2011). Read more (PubMed: 21672568) »
- Kotlinska J & Rafalski P [Nociceptin/orphanin FQ (N/OFQ)--the opioid, antiopioid or neuromodulator?]. Postepy Hig Med Dosw (Online) 58:209-15 (2004). Read more (PubMed: 15114256) »
- Sakurada T et al. Nociceptin (1 - 7) antagonizes nociceptin-induced hyperalgesia in mice. Br J Pharmacol 128:941-4 (1999). Read more (PubMed: 10556929) »